Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL season 2019/20 & current table

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now it’s back, the current table is imo remarkable in that three very big spenders with £400m to £500 squads, have all had car crashes of a season - Arsenal, Everton and Spurs. Each on half or fewer points of the PL leaders, in terms of points far closer to the relegation zone. Similarly Villa and West Ham have spent loads, yet are shite. Fair play to Burnley and the Blades.

BD76FCCC-FB60-4048-870A-F1922FDFC8F9.png

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree, but looking at the table has reminded me why I haven't looked at the table since the league stopped

I know what you mean. I'm just keeping in mind, P9, W2, D3, L4 will (be very likely to) get us there. We need to find 5 big results and I'm confident we will. We'll certainly have to take decent points in our matches against the big 6 teams.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I know what you mean. I'm just keeping in mind, P9, W2, D3, L4 will (be very likely to) get us there. We need to find 5 big results and I'm confident we will. We'll certainly have to take decent points in our matches against the big 6 teams.

Agree with that. If we could somehow get 3 points on Saturday that will ease a lot of pressure. It's good to be worried about football again.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep, 9 points will see us safe.

Particularly since West Ham still play Watford and Villa meaning points will definitely be dropped by rivals in those games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Agree with that. If we could somehow get 3 points on Saturday that will ease a lot of pressure. It's good to be worried about football again.
Indeed.

I have also never supported Sheffield United as much as I will on Wednesday.

Let's get this mini tournament off to a good start with them beating Villa.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, 9 points will see us safe.

Particularly since West Ham still play Watford and Villa meaning points will definitely be dropped by rivals in those games.

Three wins, I hope.

I’d love something in the first three matches.

Three wins needed from the final six fixtures, when other clubs would shirley have new points in the bag by then, would be a highly pressured ask of Potter’s players. Quite possibly too great.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Like everyone The Athletic now also has a supercomputer to predict the outcome.

Based on running the remaining matches 10,000 times this is the final table:

8ef044d4c615b83d6a26d4c9ec8c2368.jpg

9 more points is what it predicts but I’m ****ed if I can spot where they’re coming from!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Like everyone The Athletic now also has a supercomputer to predict the outcome.

Based on running the remaining matches 10,000 times this is the final table:

8ef044d4c615b83d6a26d4c9ec8c2368.jpg

9 more points is what it predicts but I’m ****ed if I can spot where they’re coming from!

I reckon Newcastle, Burnley and Norwich. For both Burnley and Newcastle they will have nothing to play for with no fans to gee them on. Norwich because we should be good enough to beat them. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got something at Saints and at home to the gooners.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The Guardian has a fan (usually from a fanzine) from each PL club predicting the top 4 and bottom 4. All 20 predicted relegation for Norwich, 13 Villa and 8 each for West Ham and B'fluff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here