Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Sussex day 16th June

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Stand or fall. Sussex day tomorrow 16th.
Celebrating everything that’s good about Sussex.
Walking the South Downs. Pints of Harvey’s. watching the Albion.
Enjoy the day fellow Sussex boys and girls.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Suth Seaxa - In my humble opinion the best County in England* - even though I wasn't born here. From the moment I arrived in 1989 it felt like home, and has been ever since.

*Cheshire, Surrey and Essex get honourable mentions for various reasons.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Okay, I write it every year.

Anyone for Stoolball ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

Anyone for Stoolball ?

thanks.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of that....for the first time in about 20 years I’m looking forward to the first day of the coarse fishing season. Taking the day off and going to wander down the river [emoji106]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Born in Surrey, moved to Hampshire, arrived in Sussex- all within the space of my first 6 weeks. (Mainly because social services had to play 60s surplus baby football with me).

Been here ever since. First home near Horsham.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex

Anyone for Stoolball ?
I played stoolball as a kid and have looked at playing since moving back to Sussex. However, I've since discovered that the only mixed stoolball teams are in the Eastbourne to Lewes areas (where I'm from) and everywhere else it's women's teams only.

I had no idea mixed teams were so limited geographically until then.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Home since 1967. Big step for my Dad to uproot his family from Scotland. He never regretted the decision. I'm glad he made it.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Born in Surrey, moved to Hampshire, arrived in Sussex- all within the space of my first 6 weeks. (Mainly because social services had to play 60s surplus baby football with me).

Been here ever since. First home near Horsham.

So why don't just you fek orf back Norf, coming down here, stealing our jobs.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The flag is up outside the house

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
16 June is also Bloomsday and RTE are celebrating with a non-stop, 30-hour production of Ulysses - what a treat!

I'm going to listen to some of it tomorrow with a glass of Harvey's: a marriage of Sussex and Dublin

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Suth Seaxa - In my humble opinion the best County in England* - even though I wasn't born here. From the moment I arrived in 1989 it felt like home, and has been ever since.

*Cheshire, Surrey and Essex get honourable mentions for various reasons.

JCL.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Happy Sussex Day

(I'll be annoying all my smug Yorkshire colleagues who think they're the only ones with a day with this greeting today)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Born in Southlands, raised in Steyning and Shoreham, lived briefly in Brighton and Hastings, have travelled a fair bit over the years bur will awalys return to Shoreham, its home and has as good a balance of everything I like. . . We played stoolball at Buckingham middle school, I enjoyed it.

I forgot it was Sussex day but for some reason put this tee shirt on when I got up. Only one person noticed whilst I was walking the dog.7477C805-DCC0-4758-AC62-FAF9D63FCD01.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here