Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy birthday Pascal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the few things I've missed is a Groß turn.

I know I'm asking a lot, but is there any chance we can just highlight his positives?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Happy Birthday legend...

Attachments

• DF03CF8D-6300-47C7-8EBE-D77CDA0A2B73.jpeg
    DF03CF8D-6300-47C7-8EBE-D77CDA0A2B73.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 85

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Never known a player with such limited pace to still be able to fool a full back with just one turn - the same one every time, without fail. Gobsmackingly consistent in how often it works to gain that bit of space to cross the ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never known a player with such limited pace to still be able to fool a full back with just one turn - the same one every time, without fail. Gobsmackingly consistent in how often it works to gain that bit of space to cross the ball with pin point accuracy.
Sorry, but I feel it needs to be said, on his birthday!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never known a player with such limited pace to still be able to fool a full back with just one turn - the same one every time, without fail. Gobsmackingly consistent in how often it works to gain that bit of space to cross the ball.

This.

You can see it coming. He's out wide with ball at feet looking to make a cross, and there's a bit of space in front of him. It feels like you can tell the Gross turn is coming for about 5-10 seconds prior, it's very telegraphed.

Then he does it, pretty slowly as well.

And time and time again, it WORKS.

How does it work so often?!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let's hope he celebrates with a hat trick on Saturday.

Needs to make the team first! not often a starter under Potter. Still one of my fave players though, he was electric in that first season in the Premier League, scored a fair few goals of his own, but provided for, linked up so well, with Glenn. Interested Liverpool too allegedly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This.

You can see it coming. He's out wide with ball at feet looking to make a cross, and there's a bit of space in front of him. It feels like you can tell the Gross turn is coming for about 5-10 seconds prior, it's very telegraphed.

Then he does it, pretty slowly as well.

And time and time again, it WORKS.

How does it work so often?!

Who bloody cares, just a s long as it does. :smile:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think he does it so well because he's smart enough to time it perfectly when the opposing player is wrong footed. buys himself the time to offset the pace. In reality I don't think he's really that slow, but why knacker yourself out running fast if you don't have to. plenty of players doing that already with **** all at the end of it.

my favourite thing about playing football is dead balls and crosses I spent 45 minutes with my son and a few kids in the park yesterday just pinging corners and crosses at them to take the glory from. It's so satisfying, He is one of the best Brighton players ever at doing this consistently and accurately. It amazes and frustrates me how bad most players are at it given they do it full time and get handsomely rewarded too.

HB Pascal, a pleasure to watch playing football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here