Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Piped crowd noise

Piped crowd noise at games, yes, no, maybe, who cares

• No, just have the audio from the pitch

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Yes, piped noise would be a great addition

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • Not sure lets see how no crowd noise works first then tinker with audio if needed

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Meh, who gives a s**t, football is not important right now.

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Having watched a lot of the German games I am in favour it adds to a sterile atmosphere. Play gosbts full blast for 90 minutes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Dunno about 'great' but will certainly improve what is likely to feel like a much duller version of what we're used to

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sterile as it is would rather heard audio from the pitch its relevant to the game. I'll play FIFA with the kids thanks...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Bad idea, who decides when the crowd cheers ? The producer I suppose...Will they generate false indignation at every tackle? False cheers when the opposition scores? That deserves stony silence.
I would rather hear the players cursing each other!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Be good idea if fans can drop off flags to drape over empty seats, where’s that big flag again ........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Depends who's doing it based on what I've seen. Watched Dussledorf v Dortmund yesterday and it was done really well, complete with whistles for full time in injury time a couple of minutes before Dortmund's late winner. It was much better than the first Bundesliga game I watched which sounded like a training match.

Am currently sitting watching AFL (lived in Sydney and a Swans fan, it's half time in their game against the Bombers) and the piped noise seems a bit half arsed in comparison.

Have therefore gone for the third option. Although the only real answer is "hurry up and **** off Covid so we can get back to our pints, pies and seats".

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I gave up listening to games on the radio, because the crowd noise was out of time with the commentary. This would be just as confusing.

I also prefer comedy without the fake laughter track.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm presuming you mean piped to the viewer rather than played out at the ground.
I believe it will be an option on the pay sites (Sky & BT), although they tend to put any red button service out in SD rather than HD.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Heard Darren Bent praising La LIga for the crowd noise saying it will lift the players but I don't think he was aware that it was added to the broadcast rather than played at the stadium, much like the superimposed crowds in the stands!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bad idea, who decides when the crowd cheers ? The producer I suppose...Will they generate false indignation at every tackle? False cheers when the opposition scores? That deserves stony silence.
I would rather hear the players cursing each other!

This. Might be unusual conditions, but it's still a real game. Why not just keep it real?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I watched bits of the Bayern game yesterday and I found it helped a little bit. You know it’s not real, but it just helps to take the edge off the fact that what you’re watching isn’t quite football as you used to know it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here