Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Politically, are you left or right wing?

Where do you sit politically?

• Right

Votes: 32 9.7%
  • Only just right of centre

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • Centre

Votes: 39 11.9%
  • Only just left of centre

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • Left

Votes: 101 30.7%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
where does monster raving looney sits on left/right axis these days?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've seen videos from the far right and far left today smashing shit up and fighting with police. I'm disgusted by both of them. I think I'd put myself in a separate group of idiots that post stuff on a football forum.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Good thread, especially at this most of interesting of times.
Always thought I was a bit on the left, trades union member, could not really relate the stereotypical Tory toff, on the other hand I cannot imagine voting for the Labour Party now, they are certainly, in their current guise not a party of the working class. Turning their backs on their core support may well cost them the next two elections.
Answer to the op, don’t know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm ambidextrous

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont fit. Only certainty would never. vote for extreme lefty like Corbyn. Buy Sunday Times to read throughout week but think Mail is rubbish. Would put taxes up to help underprivileged.Would stop sale of council houses. Above all would do everything to encourage entrepreneurs as above all think profit and employing people is so important and pays for Public Services. On subject of latter, sorry to say excluding NHS I have dealt with so many in different departments and have hardly been impressed with anybody.. All nice people but wouldnt last long in private business. Needs a shake up but wont happen.
Until he was more interested in world stage thought Blair was looking ok. Not popular here but thought BJ would be OK and would look at whole picture. However PM job after Corono Virus will be a poison chalice that any party would find difficult to survive.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I voted for Tony Blair’s Labour Party 3 times. Since then I have cast my vote elsewhere. Labour will never get back into power until they persuade floating voters like me - under Corbyn there was no chance that I would vote for them & lent my vote to the Tories last time around & Lib Dem’s before that.

If there was a general election tomorrow it would be a choice between Lib Dem & Conservatives but if Starmer sorts out his party I would consider returning. 454C5EE7-F2E9-4765-9F2D-632EAC67DA38.jpeg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dress to the right...

Can’t be arsed to trawl through the thread to see if anyone else is as funny as me!

I hang to the right as well but politically I am so far left I almost bumped into Genghis Khan going right

Edit : I could have been even funnier and said I lean so far left that my left bollock became my right bollock but not sure how many would have got the joke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I used to be very far to left for a long time. I didnt like centralisation and at least in Sweden the left was very much things like the concept of EU, American imperialism and deregulations of markets (which in theory should lead to de-centralisation but in reality leads to private monopolisation) and I really disliked law & order since I saw it as tools to oppress the people.

Later, I realised that most of the left were in general very pro centralisation and when even the hardcore left started to see EU, UN, the World Bank, the World Health Organization, the media conglomerates as their "allies", I said feck it. I dont like globalisation.

At the same time I cant consider myself right-leaning either. While the left is too pro-centralisation, right politics are too individualistic and not rarely too naive of the idea of markets magically working out best solutions for mankind. Optimally I would like some middle road: I want each city or village to rule itself, creating a multitude of lifestyles and cultures.

The political question closest to my heart though (and part of my anti-centralisation stance) is de-technologisation. I believe digital society is very harmful short and long term despite of some obvious advantages.

TLDR: Neither right or left. I vote Theodore Kaczynski.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Swing to the Right

C2D6344D-5296-4583-8A23-7F515F7B642E.jpeg

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The left have gone too left. I used to read the Guardian. Voted Labour blindly. A number of things about Labour turned me off, anti-Semitism, Brown calling that old lady a bigot, Thornberry, Shah, Lammy etc. Voted Tory recently cos of Brexit. I'm not a commited Tory though. I hoped the Liberals could get their act together but Swinson was the worst. In short they all turn me off tbh. (Funnily enough my Dad started out as a communist and ended up a Tory)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here