Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your Favourite Town Or Village In Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Okay, heeding the entries about the miserable battle zone NSC is at present. Why not something to make a cheer ?

Let everyone who wishes place their favourite town or village in the county. Maybe add a picture or two, say what it means to you.

This could lead to post lockdown walks (maybe suggest some) and pub visits for some.

I'll start. Glynde for me. Always had an association, played cricket for a club at the top of the village and used to love the Trevor when it was open- especially as I was drinking in there from 15 (Good old 80s)

Oh, and if you don't like someone's choice, maybe just say nothing

Mid Summer Nights Walk.jpg 3182380074090386538.jpg

Walking over Beddingham HIll to Glynde & Glynde Poppy fields- early morning, June 2009.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This'll probably be the most volatile thread of them all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm going to make a decision based on my Athletic Brighton FM 18 save where I decided to only (and on a limited budget) sign Sussex-born players + former Brighton players.

My starting eleven looks like this:

Joe Day - Brighton

Patrick Webber - Worthing
Glen Rea - Brighton
Tom Broadbent - Bognor Regis
Adam El-Abd - Brighton
Bradley Barry - Hastings

Isaac Christie-Davies - Brighton
Will Collar - Horsham
Max Sanders - Horsham

Dean Cox - Brighton

Conor Chaplin - Worthing
Greg Luer - Brighton

Ignoring Brighton itself, this leads me to believe that if there is such a thing as a paradise in Sussex, its probably Horsham.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Burglar Bill - born there and it did me alright for 23 years...

I wouldn't put Bug's Hole at the top of my list but I do have a soft spot for it. It used to be said that chaps from my village went to Burgess Hill to find a bride. I did, and it worked out just dandy.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm going to make a decision based on my Athletic Brighton FM 18 save where I decided to only (and on a limited budget) sign Sussex-born players + former Brighton players.

My starting eleven looks like this:

Joe Day - Brighton

Patrick Webber - Worthing
Glen Rea - Brighton
Tom Broadbent - Bognor Regis
Adam El-Abd - Brighton
Bradley Barry - Hastings

Isaac Christie-Davies - Brighton
Will Collar - Horsham
Max Sanders - Horsham

Dean Cox - Brighton

Conor Chaplin - Worthing
Greg Luer - Brighton

Ignoring Brighton itself, this leads me to believe that if there is such a thing as a paradise in Sussex, its probably Horsham.

Horsham!!??

:lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was born and brought up on the Weald, so always tend to gravitate back there. So for me it would probably be Fletching.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Brighton & Hove doesn’t count cos we are a city ! I’m not really a country bumpkin , I find all these places stuck out in the middle of nowhere , ok on a hot summers day for an afternoon but I think I’d be really bored really quickly if I ever lived in any of them . Hurstpierpoint I guess if I was pushed , at least it has a quaint high street and only 15 mins to civilisation !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here