Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Black Lives Matters on shirts

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ? Politics and sport should not mix imho .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think that ending racism is a political issue.

I'm really not bothered if they wear them.

D

Deleted member 2719

Its just another thing to incite hatred in the UK, it needs to be stopped IMO.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great thread.

I was just thinking my life was missing something and couldnt decide if it was some Chinese farmer feasting on some bat-****ing mountain marmot or if it was another "I'm the real victim" BLM thread.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ? Politics and sport should not mix imho .

It's not racist but it is bordering on overkill, they are risking losing a lot of the immediate goodwill built up by constantly ramming it down everyone's throats. If there is to be some sort of message on shirts it should be a lot broader than solely about black lives, the representation of the Asian community within football at all levels is appalling.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Not in the slightest, as the usual mob will be thumbing you up (if they haven't already).
As for 'insulting' - I think threads such as these are, but go fill your mouldy boots.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody. Another gammony thread. Or is it gammonesque?

If putting it on the shirts for a few weeks enrages a few tedious reactionary numpties, I'm in.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The problem is, ripping down a few dodgy statues, sticking slogans on the back of football shirts, replacing the Hollywood sign with BLM isn't going to change the thinking of one racist person out there, so who is it bringing it to the attention of.

Is the local Alf Garnett (ask your Dad) going to say, "blimey, you were right all along, those darkies are alright" - me I think not!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Am I alone in thinking that replacing names on shirts with Black Lives Matter is insulting, bordering on racism against whites ?

You think saying that black people are people whose lives matter is racist against whites?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bordering on racism against whites? You complete...dimwit.

I can't tell you how hard it was to persuade myself not to write what I wanted to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No one is born a racist so stop it in any way possible.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Only the players ? Why not the match officials ? Stewards ? The list goes on. Now let,s ALL take a step back and have a calm think and talk about this,mind you haven't we been here before ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You think saying that black people are people whose lives matter is racist against whites?

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

I'm sure he doesn't but, my dear lord, he needs to give his effing head a wobble. Pelters!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Its just another thing to incite hatred in the UK, it needs to be stopped IMO.

That's rich coming from someone who posts the stream of bile you do.

Your opinion is transparent. Anything which is about social justice, moral integrity or general civility and you're against it. It's not what you believe in, so it's time it all stopped. The simple little Britain vision you have for the country isn't shared by many on here and quite clearly if you watch the news, the country is moving away from the tired old farts with lazy outdated opinions.

Keep up or pipe down with your message of hatred and division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here