Sussex by the Sea
SH.jpg

Onwards and Upwards

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Blimey time flies, where is he now ?

He is chilling in Finland with his kids and hobbies, watching racing and shit. Any time there is a manager job at any of the Scandinavian clubs, his name pops up but he has refused the jobs so far, saying he is in no hurry and waiting for the right time. He says he is realistic though and that he "wont get any offers he cant refuse" and that he is ready to start working from the bottom once the time is right.

Could definitely see him ending up in Sweden, Norway or Denmark at some point. From the interviews I've read I got the feeling that he regrets starting off with all those difficult manager jobs (Leverkusen, Brighton, Zürich).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is chilling in Finland with his kids and hobbies, watching racing and shit. Any time there is a manager job at any of the Scandinavian clubs, his name pops up but he has refused the jobs so far, saying he is in no hurry and waiting for the right time. He says he is realistic though and that he "wont get any offers he cant refuse" and that he is ready to start working from the bottom once the time is right.

Could definitely see him ending up in Sweden, Norway or Denmark at some point. From the interviews I've read I got the feeling that he regrets starting off with all those difficult manager jobs (Leverkusen, Brighton, Zürich).

The style he tried to play needed very quick “total” footballers, he needs a top team for this style to have a chance.

Slow fullbacks playing on the halfway line....doomed

The pre season against Saints exposed the fragility and it carried on going downhill from there. Worst manager (and dullest post match interviews) in living memory imo

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The style he tried to play needed very quick “total” footballers, he needs a top team for this style to have a chance.

Slow fullbacks playing on the halfway line....doomed

The pre season against Saints exposed the fragility and it carried on going downhill from there. Worst manager (and dullest post match interviews) in living memory imo

You know that is a very generous analysis. I kept waiting for the moment his tactics would come together and reveal the master plan. Shocking appointment, decent bloke and all that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Not necessarily. Yes, in Championship you are going to need top quality players to make that strategy work but in a league like Allsvenskan it could work with a smaller team since i.e. high pressuring opponents are far less common.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really nice brand of football (I love wing backs). No end product, no end sometimes.

I hope it's not coming round again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Couldn’t believe Bloom made that appointment, a summer of brief excitement thinking we would get someone decent.

Tbf he had done a decent job in Leverkusen except for the horrible run before getting sacked, while he also had great knowledge of English football and great connections which is good if you want to bring in some decent loan players etc, so it doesnt sound like the weirdest of appointments (at the time).

But sure, I agree. Should have just gone for Potter immediatly!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tbf he had done a decent job in Leverkusen except for the horrible run before getting sacked, while he also had great knowledge of English football and great connections which is good if you want to bring in some decent loan players etc, so it doesnt sound like the weirdest of appointments (at the time).

Bloom admitted he got the wrong man, and should of employed Hypia’s no. 2 at BL. We didn’t get any decent loans in and to be honest I could of done a better job :D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bloom admitted he got the wrong man, and should of employed Hypia’s no. 2 at BL. We didn’t get any decent loans in and to be honest I could of done a better job :D

Evidently he was the wrong man yup, and maybe you're right that his assistant Sascha Lewandowski (r.i.p) would have been the better option, as I recall he was quite appreciated by fans and players.

Please stop the "could of" though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He did ok at Leverkusen when he and Sascha Lewandowski shared managerial responsibilities. It fell apart after Lewandowski went back to managing the youth team. Hyypia just had no idea how to turn around a losing run, constantly sticking to the same tactics even though it was glaringly obvious it wasn’t working. We weren’t helped by trying to replace Leo Ulloa with Chris O`Grady and Shamir Fenelon.

We should have actually just gone for Chris Hughton straight away as he was available after being sacked by Norwich. I’m sure I read somewhere he’d applied for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here