Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] For those interested in stadium builds

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
https://youtu.be/jUjmWFYEigw

I wasn’t overly keen when I saw the initial renderings, but I must admit it is looking quite spectacular.

It is a stunning piece of work and a brilliantly managed build. The difficulties of building in the Las Vegas heat were immense and the way they coped was fantastic. Also there were a number of corners the Raiders could have cut to reduce costs and make the build easier but they stuck to their vision of how they wanted it to look and damned the expense.

It’s a crying shame that Raiders have left Oakland but they really have come up with a beauty of a stadium and I think they will carry this thing off.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is a gorgeous thing, it really is.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looks amazing. Certainly want to go to a game there on a future trip to Vegas. They were already selling loads of Raiders merch when we were last there a couple of years ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still having difficulty getting used to Las Vegas Raiders.....

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It’s architecturally impressive for sure, but a stadium for a team whored from another city (not for the first time either) to be frequented by wealthy tourists is really the epitome of ‘soulless’, is it not?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Still having difficulty getting used to Las Vegas Raiders.....

Totally agree. For me Oakland was the heart of the Raiders, even though LA may have spread the Raiders word around the globe. Oakland is just a basket case in trying to get anything built, just the A's left.

My brother is a Raiders fan and he got me into the Raider Nation meet up before one of the Wembley games and what a great bunch the Black Hole guys were. I hope that those guys can make it to the new stadium. The stadium is a beauty it really is and I think they may thrive in Vegas.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I know it happens a lot in America, but isn't this the same as when Wimbledon moved from their home town to Milton Keynes. OK, so the stadium wasn't anywhere nearly as grand, but still a case of build a stadium and buy a team to put in it. All those fans in Oakland who just lost their team.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I know it happens a lot in America, but isn't this the same as when Wimbledon moved from their home town to Milton Keynes. OK, so the stadium wasn't anywhere nearly as grand, but still a case of build a stadium and buy a team to put in it. All those fans in Oakland who just lost their team.
This is American football, it happens all the time. Usually the team asks the city to build a new stadium for them, the city refuses, so they move to a city that will build it for them. Most also use public money to fund it without reimbursement.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s architecturally impressive for sure, but a stadium for a team whored from another city (not for the first time either) to be frequented by wealthy tourists is really the epitome of ‘soulless’, is it not?

Soulless is a synonym for USA so I dont think they care much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here