Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford. Respect

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
This might already have appeared on NSC, but not for the first time, he hit the target

"We had a goal that by end of June we would be able to supply 3 million meals to vulnerable people across the UK. Today we have met the financial goal to provide these meals. Thank you all so much for the support.

"And whilst I'm celebrating this, there is so much more to do. Trust me when I say, I will keep fighting until no child in the UK has to worry about where their next meal is coming from. This is England in 2020 and families need help."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also saw something about him learning sign language just so he could talk to a deaf fan.

Mightily impressive, if true.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This might already have appeared on NSC, but not for the first time, he hit the target

"We had a goal that by end of June we would be able to supply 3 million meals to vulnerable people across the UK. Today we have met the financial goal to provide these meals. Thank you all so much for the support.

"And whilst I'm celebrating this, there is so much more to do. Trust me when I say, I will keep fighting until no child in the UK has to worry about where their next meal is coming from. This is England in 2020 and families need help."

Superb work. Thanks for posting.

Edit:

I now delete what I had added. I shall post it again later if this thread gets derailed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well done Mr Rashford

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Superb work. Thanks for posting.

Edit:

I now delete what I had added. I shall post it again later if this thread gets derailed.

Nice edit even if it does ruin my incredibly funny joke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice edit even if it does ruin my incredibly funny joke.

Don't worry, our time will come again, when 'others' have posted their thoughts on this thread, I'm sure :wink:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Great job . Yes he earns about £5 m a year which helps but plenty of other wealthy footballers don’t do a huge amount to help underprivileged kids although I know some do .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't worry, our time will come again, when 'others' have posted their thoughts on this thread, I'm sure :wink:

Now now, don't go asking for it, no matter how inevitable you believe it to be.

The moment I pressed send on the greatest joke never to be seen, I realised I was endorsing a like minded reply to the one that I'd previously thrown my arms in the air about, in the general direction of [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

Rather two faced of me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now now, don't go asking for it, no matter how inevitable you believe it to be.

The moment I pressed send on the greatest joke never to be seen, I realised I was endorsing a like minded reply to the one that I'd previously thrown my arms in the air about, in the general direction of [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

Rather two faced of me.

Good point, well made. :thumbsup:

Back to the thread, absolutely top quality work, there. And he's still so young.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Rashford always comes across as a really decent lad. And I ****ing hate Man U.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Great job . Yes he earns about £5 m a year which helps but plenty of other wealthy footballers don’t do a huge amount to help underprivileged kids although I know some do .

Oh, it'll be double that. After tax. Plus sponsorships and endorsements etc. Of course, it's very easy to dislike top footballers - not because they're wealthy and successful, but because of the arrogance that often comes with it. However, I have to ask myself whether I'd be a tad cocky, too, if I were in my early twenties, famous, and worth a gazillion quid.

I remember being caught out by my own thoughts when it came out all those years ago about Tiger Woods' extra marital misgivings. I genuinely abhor adultery, and I can honestly say I've never cheated in my life (although once when I was 15 I did dump a girl because her better looking mate had asked me out, I did at least wait to exit that relationship before letting anything get damp). But then, when I thought about it, I'm not a world famous, sporting billionaire, travelling the world essentially on my own with naff all to do, inundated with stunning women wanting to get in my pants. Under those circumstances, I'd probably find it harder to not stick my dick somewhere I shouldn't than when I inconspicuously go down the Dog & Duck on a Tuesday night for a couple of swift pints.

Anyway, I digress. My point is this; there is no shortage of massive pricks out there in the world of top class sport; of that I am sure. That's just what success, fame, money et al does to most people. It's understandable. But I genuinely get the impression that Marcus Rashford is a slightly different character - he seems genuinely grounded. Humble, as the Anthony Joshua PR machine might say. As someone pointed out, he's gone to the trouble of learning sign language just so he could cheer up a struggling, deaf fan. Though it shouldn't necessarily be automatically dismissed as PR, it's easy for tremendously wealthy people to make financial gestures. The giving up of their time in substantial amounts however, is much more telling.

Young Marcus seems a remarkable chap, so good on him. I hope more emerging footballers use him as a template for their future conduct.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Considering the amount of tax the government collect from PL footballers alone, shouldn’t they be the ones making sure no child is hungry? They won’t though prefer to waste millions on shite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here