Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] You too can get paid to take pet food off Pets at Home

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Useful if you want to get paid to feed your pet for free, or need funding to set up a pet food business in competition to Pets at Home.

Step 1: Order 10 boxes of your pet's(') favourite food from Pets at Home's online store - using the vouchers they send you, and their multi-buy discounts (26 for 20, etc) - total cost: £48.

Step 2: Try to feed your pet the food they've previously loved, but now hate. Give up after getting through 3 boxes.

Step 3: Work out what you're going to do with 7 boxes of food that they now won't eat. Decide you'll try to return it.

Step 4: Contact the online customer services people - who say that you can just take it back to any store and they'll refund you.

Step 5: take the food to your local branch and ask for a refund.

Step 6: Listen incredulously as the assistant says that they can't process discounted product refunds at the branch, but they can process full-price refunds.

Step 7: Walk away with a £53 credit to your credit card, having already used 3 boxes out of the 10 you bought.

I'm planning to order a pallet-load and see if I can repeat this trick. Perhaps I can cut the middle man out of the cycle and just get them to ship the pallet direct to the branch (and back again to the warehouse) and just credit my card with the saving having never paid? Gotta be worth a shot.

#howtogobust101

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Useful if you want to get paid to feed your pet for free, or need funding to set up a pet food business in competition to Pets at Home.

Step 1: Order 10 boxes of your pet's(') favourite food from Pets at Home's online store - using the vouchers they send you, and their multi-buy discounts (26 for 20, etc) - total cost: £48.

Step 2: Try to feed your pet the food they've previously loved, but now hate. Give up after getting through 3 boxes.

Step 3: Work out what you're going to do with 7 boxes of food that they now won't eat. Decide you'll try to return it.

Step 4: Contact the online customer services people - who say that you can just take it back to any store and they'll refund you.

Step 5: take the food to your local branch and ask for a refund.

Step 6: Listen incredulously as the assistant says that they can't process discounted product refunds at the branch, but they can process full-price refunds.

Step 7: Walk away with a £53 credit to your credit card, having already used 3 boxes out of the 10 you bought.

I'm planning to order a pallet-load and see if I can repeat this trick. Perhaps I can cut the middle man out of the cycle and just get them to ship the pallet direct to the branch (and back again to the warehouse) and just credit my card with the saving having never paid? Gotta be worth a shot.

#howtogobust101

And here is an example why furlough is a bad idea[emoji23]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here