Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Branston Pickle debate

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another thread that'll desend into rhetoric, racial tensions, name calling and libel.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Lived off this being a latchkey kid, this and Birds instant custard. Not together mind

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I enjoy a bit of this in a cheese sandwich

300x300.jpg

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was always a fan of original chunky Branston Pickle, however, during this Pandemic crisis, when supermarket shelves were missing a lot of items my head was turned. Unable to get any Branston Pickle during one shopping trip I chanced upon Heinz Ploughman's Pickle and the rest, as they say, is history and Ploughman's Pickle now rules in our house.

:banana:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I want to say large chunks, but it's plainly wrong. Smooth gives you a more consistent spread, which is ideal in sandwiches.

Out of curiosity is there such a thing as small chunk Picalilli?

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I want to say large chunks, but it's plainly wrong. Smooth gives you a more consistent spread, which is ideal in sandwiches.

Out of curiosity is there such a thing as small chunk Picalilli?

Yes there is - and it's every bit as bad as small chunk Branston!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always hated whatever that vile cuboid thing was in the Branston Pickle original. Rendered the whole thing pretty disgusting IMHO. Not that it was ever that great, to be honest. Was always lowest common denominator in a Ploughman's Lunch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here