Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Whilst we appear to be in the full media glare of banning or taking down statues that are offensive to many members of the black community , is it fair and reasonable to also take the opportunity to consider banning some gangsta rap music & some grime ‘ sounds’ that are also offensive to many other people because of the way some ( not all ) depict violence and are degrading to women and sometimes other minorities like the gay community etc ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, extracting the lack of surprise at the original poster, and the underlining motivation, I would suggest that banning anything that incites violence and prejudice is a good thing.

I need educating though, my understanding was that much of this is not being given air on radio stations ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There is no underlying motivation , I simply put it out there , that if we are going to be doing in effect a big clean up then why don’t we look at other issues that effect lots of people and are upsetting . For instance I personally don’t think anyone should use the N word to describe a black person even if you happen to be black yourself . It’s still offensive surely .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst we appear to be in the full media glare of banning or taking down statues that are offensive to many members of the black community , is it fair and reasonable to also take the opportunity to consider banning some gangsta rap music & some grime ‘ sounds’ that are also offensive to many other people because of the way some ( not all ) depict violence and are degrading to women and sometimes other minorities like the gay community etc ?

You seem pretty offensive, can we ban you?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean, if we're going to try and lob Snoop Dogg into Bristol Harbour then I'm down with that. If nothing else for his Just Eat adverts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:fishing:

Tedious race-obessed twerp starts another tedious race-obsessed thread.

Exercising his white privilage again. Who knew? ???

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not white . But I agree I’ve been quite fortunate in life but def not born privileged.

I’m not race obsessed either but this subject seems to dominate the news recently .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The worrying thing to me is that I think you might actually be serious given the lack of emojis !

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ok I will keep quiet and we can all just meekly follow the narrative like sheep with no ideas of our own .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nobody is making you listen to what you term 'gangsta rap' though. If you don't like it, then turn it off.

But of course you know that.

Doesn't make him unaware of it, though. I know falling off a cliff hurts, so I avoid it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nobody is making you listen to what you term 'gangsta rap' though. If you don't like it, then turn it off.

But of course you know that.

Of course I know that , but no one has too look at a statue either do they and I unless you bother to research a statue , you would have no idea what or who the person even was .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here