Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove City Council Advise Schools To Open From Monday 15th

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Letter sent out today to parents.

I am writing to you today to update you on the council’s advice about reopening schools to more pupils.
Since I wrote to you last week, the situation has continued to develop. We are now able to advise that Brighton & Hove schools and council nurseries should start opening more widely for pupils from Monday 15 June.
I must remind you that the decision as to whether a school opens more widely is, under the law, one for the headteacher to take, in consultation with the Governing Board.
The priority for a phased return will be for the years previously identified by the government and will be informed by the school’s risk assessment. Infant and primary phase schools are asked to take in nursery years, reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils. Secondary schools are asked to provide face to face support for young people in Year 10 and 12 during this summer term.
Pupils in these age groups are expected to return in a gradual way, with numbers being different from school to school. Individual school risk assessments will inform how best to manage this. Control measures are also in place in case of outbreaks, which will be managed working with the Public Health England Health Protection team for Sussex and Surrey.
Parents and carers can decide whether to send their children back in. While we would like to see as many pupils as possible back in schools, individual family choices will be respected and no fines will be issued for non-attendance this term.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My son's school up here was all ready to start this week, but had to delay to 15th due to government guidance. They appear to be extremely well prepared, we know which days my son will need to attend and what he will do when he is there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here