Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Gone With The Wind - GONE!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The lunatics truly are in control of the asylum.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry it's coming back. So anyone who wants to watch 18 hours of interminable shite, the most annoying protagonist in movie history and some laughable depictions of antebellum will not have to wait long. The only good thing about it is Clark Gable who is an absolute geezer from start to finish, especially when he tells Scarlett to shove it up her arse at the end.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
A much loved film taken away.

The article clearly states that this is temporary, and that it would be reinstated accompanied by “a discussion of its historical context and a denouncement of those very depictions”, but would remain unaltered “because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed”.

Seems reasonable enough to me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does that mean Django Unchained won't be on at Christmas?

Or Blazing Saddles?

I immediately thought of Django Unchained, although every Tarantino-head will be saying " He's highlighting racism and the film is a protest " it still looks quite dodgy.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't get why she's so into 'Airshlah' the whole time when Rhett the Sweat is buzzing around her exuding pheromones

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Slight change from the book which had ‘my dear, I don’t give a damn.’ I admit to googling and not having a Mastermindesque knowledge of Gone With the Wind. Either way, powerfully delivered by Clark Gable.
Whilst on Wikipedia I read that her pen name was Peggy Mitchell. Gone with the Wind fan on the screenwriting team at Eastenders ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here