Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Little Britain Pulled from IPlayer

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-52983319

Shame Mrs Brown Boys hasn’t taken the same path.

Personally I think this is a step too far but where do you draw the line?

Being in my 30’s I’ve never found friends to be anything near an offensive program but then I see this reaction

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.hu...has-gone-too-far_uk_5a5df2f5e4b0a233482e0e8e/

Am I heading for “generational offensiveness mark 2”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I sometimes enjoyed but mostly cringed at Little Britain. I just think it was generally poor repetitive comedy.

I wouldn't say it was racist, but they were very poor caricatures.

I think I'm saying that I'm pleased it's gone because it was a bit rubbish.

My problem is that I quite like Mrs Brown's Boys...

*runs*

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love a lot of comedies including modern stuff, but it was never my thing, I thought it was dull.

I worked with someone who simply didn’t get, for example; The Thick Of It, The Trip and The Day Today. But he thought Little Britain was the best thing ever in TV.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I sometimes enjoyed but mostly cringed at Little Britain. I just think it was generally poor repetitive comedy.

I agree with this. I occasionally chuckled at Little Britain but I never really got the appeal of most of the characters.

I'm not even sure many people who liked it will be that bothered about not being able to watch it again.

I don't agree with this though.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-52983319

Shame Mrs Brown Boys hasn’t taken the same path.

Personally I think this is a step too far but where do you draw the line?

Being in my 30’s I’ve never found friends to be anything near an offensive program but then I see this reaction

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.hu...has-gone-too-far_uk_5a5df2f5e4b0a233482e0e8e/

Am I heading for “generational offensiveness mark 2”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, it would appear these days that there is a justification for censorship. The really good news is we can see quite clearly who is for it.........if there is to be civil strife between the censors and the liberals let’s hope this time the fanatical puritans don’t win.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I agree with this. I occasionally chuckled at Little Britain but I never really got the appeal of most of the characters.

I'm not even sure many people who liked it will be that bothered about not being able to watch it again.

I don't agree with this though.

I wasn't expecting an overwhelming wave of 'thumbs up'

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I liked Little Britain. It took the p*ss out of us as a nation, and out of everyone else. Corny, but quite funny - which was exactly what it was meant to be.

Yes, we're knee-jerking way too far in my opinion. In the end you'll have 'neutral' people resenting the whole BAME / BLM movement because it will have become something we all have to actively scared of.

Like everything in life there's a balance. Bernard Manning comedy on one side, being petrified to do or say anything which might offend someone in any way shape or form on the other. Both sides, to me, are not good.

I am ready for flaming.. just putting some sauce on myself.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

*runs*

I gave you a thumbs up after reading the first 3 lines but quickly withdrew it after the 4th.

-full disclaimer: I've never seen MBBs so maybe I've been massively misled :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The British sense of humour Is being diluted year on year in TV comedies. Little Britain was offensive at times no doubt, but there is an off button..

PC wins again

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I gave you a thumbs up after reading the first 3 lines but quickly withdrew it after the 4th.

-full disclaimer: I've never seen MBBs so maybe I've been massively misled :)

The most 'thumbs down' I ever got was after suggesting Vegemite was better than Marmite.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I can see the vastly superior League Of Gentlemen being the next to disappear from our screens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Little Britain was alright. Not exactly side-splitting, but could certainly be amusing at times.

They wouldn't DARE pull dreck like Citizen Khan off the iPlayer though - even though its about as funny as type 2 diabetes.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I thought both little Britain and come fly with me were funny and clever . What makes our society interesting is all the different stereotypes. Yes I know not everyone is a stereotype but many people from various different groups do fit into this type of humour . The humour wasn’t nasty in my opinion just gentle ribbing . People nowdays are afraid to make any jokes in case it upsets someone . It has gone too far . Nasty is out I agree but lots of it isn’t nasty , it’s just differences in outlook and behaviour . I find that ironic when in parallel violent crime is the worst it has ever been in the UK.

Perhaps we should stop worrying about the difference between trans & binary people and focus on things that actually matter and effect all people .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can't say I've ever watched any on iplayer but it's hardly Love they neighbour is it?

I'm more offended by the bloke who admits he like Mrs Brown Boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here