Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any friendlies?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If the Man Utd v Stoke game was called off because of Covid, I think it was the Stoke manager, what happens if, for instance, Rashford gets it? Would Man Utd put their games on hold for two weeks? Not likely but then again if someone at Stoke tests positive then so can anyone in the PL.

PS Is it true Knocky played for us in the first game 3:0 (hat-trick) and Fulham second game?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the Man Utd v Stoke game was called off because of Covid, I think it was the Stoke manager, what happens if, for instance, Rashford gets it? Would Man Utd put their games on hold for two weeks? Not likely but then again if someone at Stoke tests positive then so can anyone in the PL.

PS Is it true Knocky played for us in the first game 3:0 (hat-trick) and Fulham second game?
Rather Knocky than March any day of the week.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
According to Naylor , we are trying to fix something up with Portsmouth . Personally I would like us to play Southampton as least it’s a PL standard game .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
According to Naylor , we are trying to fix something up with Portsmouth . Personally I would like us to play Southampton as least it’s a PL standard game .

You should email Paul B, I'm sure he would consider your suggestion...

The fact that we are playing them in a competitive fixture very soon won't have any sway in the response I'm sure. :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The fact that we are playing them in a competitive fixture very soon won't have any sway in the response I'm sure. :lolol:

Playing Spurs would be a better option or Chelsea. Someone close who we have already played twice.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Surely it’s the same for both teams ! As I’ve met PB several times , I couldn’t bring myself to e mail him for any reason , way to embarrassing !

Take your point about Chelsea though .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I think there is a 90 minute rule. So it's Pompey, Fulham, Crawley etc. Southampton is probably too far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Southampton would be within the 90 minute rule.

Yep current drive time stadium to stadium 1 hour 26 minutes. But no chance of us playing Southampton when we are playing them soon anyway.

Chelsea training ground at Cobham just 56 mins away, so that one makes most sense out of the those we have already played in the P/L. And probably the best test for us for the games v top six we have left?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is that with or without the fun filled roundaboutathon at Chichester?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Until a few weeks ago I was getting to Chi from Shoreham in 25 minutes, if I was pressing on. Straight to line those roundabouts and you can navigate most at 60 quite comfortably. :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southampton would be within the 90 minute rule.

Technically speaking, I guess. Although doing it in 90 minutes from here needs a lot of things to fall your way.

I would have thought the real reason would be the upcoming fixture.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Good news from a closed-door friendly not involving us - Arsenal have reportedly lost 3-2 to Brentford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here