Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] So... A Thread Of Things That Make You Proud To Be English

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Inventors, scientists, medical advances, the NHS, the welfare state, rights, the glorious countryside, CRICKET !

I could go on all night.

Slavery, not so keen on that though.

But I'm still a proud Englishman. There is so much to celebrate.

So what does make folk proud ?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Inventors, scientists, medical advances, the NHS, the welfare state, rights, the glorious countryside, CRICKET !

I could go on all night.

Slavery, not so keen on that though.

But I'm still a proud Englishman. There is so much to celebrate.

So what does make folk proud ?

I'm sorry, but every single thing you have listed is done better in other countries.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Seeing as we have BHALBA, maybe ‘British’ rather than English, then again, to quote Mark Renton:

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ****ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any ****ing difference!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kindness to animals. Not everyone of course, but overwhelmingly we’re pretty compassionate.

We’re wonderful exponents of the comic genre of irony, parody, satire, black comedy and nonsense. [With an honorary mention to the Scottish genius Armando Iannucci].

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not a lot really

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm sorry, but every single thing you have listed is done better in other countries.

Being proud does not require being the best. Football has always been played better in other cities but that has never stopped me being proud of my team.
I would add the BBC, real ale, tolerance and obscure lower league football grounds to the list.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here