Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China, did anyone believe them?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

China outbreak 'may have started earlier'
A surge in road traffic outside Wuhan hospitals at the end of August suggests that Covid-19 may have hit China earlier than reported by the authorities, according to a Harvard Medical School study.

Using commercial satellite imagery, researchers found a "dramatic increase" in traffic outside five major hospitals in the Chinese city. The traffic spike also coincided with a rise in online searches for information on symptoms like "cough" and “diarrhea”.

Dr John Brownstein, who led the research, said the evidence was circumstantial, but told ABC News that it would provide important context in the search for the virus' origins.

“Something was happening in October,” said Dr Brownstein. “Clearly, there was some level of social disruption taking place well before what was previously identified as the start of the novel coronavirus pandemic.”

On 31 December 2019, China reported a cluster of pneumonia cases with an unknown cause to the World Health Organization. Nine days later, Chinese authorities revealed they had detected a novel coronavirus (later named Sars-CoV-2, the virus causing Covid-19) in several of the pneumonia cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52960189

I have always felt this has been here for about 6 weeks earlier than China had reported.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If a brand new virus occurred here somewhere I'm not sure it would have been discovered and handled any quicker.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if they did have something earlier, they didnt know about it themselves, the genome was sequenced and identified in late December.

this version of events supposes they had an unknown virus/disease, let it spread around without response, research or notification to any agency outside China for several months, then suddenly decided they would "find" it in December. oh and also, it managed to not go beyond the country, kill people infected at the rate of 8:1, then did this 6 months later.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m convinced I had it early December so makes sense. Had been travelling in Europe quite a bit in October / November

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If a brand new virus occurred here somewhere I'm not sure it would have been discovered and handled any quicker.

I'm mean, our leadership, isn't exactly competent or ethical, but I don't think they would have tried to cover it up.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Obviously, this poster can't resist divisive and offensive rhetoric. The target changes with their mood, but the effect is the same. This kind of attitude is why there's such division in the country. It doesn't matter what the subject is, the lines are so quickly drawn by people who want to be argumentative and uninformed. Regarding China, specifically, to suggest they deliberately hid the virus or the number of cases and deaths is hatemongering. Pure and simple. It doesn't do anyone any good to choose an enemy to try and spar with. The people in power will be investigating and there will be some damning conclusions almost inevitably. But in the mean time, what value is there in speculation without intellect?

D

Deleted member 2719

Obviously, this poster can't resist divisive and offensive rhetoric. The target changes with their mood, but the effect is the same. This kind of attitude is why there's such division in the country. It doesn't matter what the subject is, the lines are so quickly drawn by people who want to be argumentative and uninformed. Regarding China, specifically, to suggest they deliberately hid the virus or the number of cases and deaths is hatemongering. Pure and simple. It doesn't do anyone any good to choose an enemy to try and spar with. The people in power will be investigating and there will be some damning conclusions almost inevitably. But in the mean time, what value is there in speculation without intellect?

You know NOTHING.
Open your eyes and think with the brain, it really is the best way.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You know NOTHING.
Open your eyes and think with the brain, it really is the best way.

What do you know? Not what do you suspect, not what does your racial prejudice tell you. My question to you is; what do you know?

I know I shouldn't feed the troll. But I'm curious what you think justifies your anti-China rhetoric.

D

Deleted member 2719

What do you know? Not what do you suspect, not what does your racial prejudice tell you. My question to you is; what do you know?

I know I shouldn't feed the troll. But I'm curious what you think justifies your anti-China rhetoric.
I know I have not closed my mind on who are the significant contributors to death in this world for the past 100 years.
I don't do racial prejudice, I don't follow the noise, I follow the gut.
What I do know is that the accusation has all been thrown towards Cummings and Boris, I am not saying they haven't made mistakes as many people have in all sectors.
But the Chinese hide everything and as the thread started, they knew about this virus in Aug/Sept and chose to hide it at the cost of millions of lives.

Be nice to China Mouldy, just remember they're part of your brave new world....

They don't have to be, we have a free hand to do what we want. Isn't it exciting?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

D

Deleted member 2719

The article says there has been a CV-19 outbreak based around a Beijing wholesale food market, and they have closed everything down locally.

What do you mean by 'China are at it again'? :shrug:

A virus coming from another market in China.

If of course, it's true, will they ever learn or do they even care?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have him on ignore. Took a look at this thread just to laugh at some pelters. I've not been disappointed :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Even the BBC TV news are having a pop at China now.
More to come on this story, makes you wonder how long it will be to the big guns will wade in on China.

#alllivesmatter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here