Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...olice-fear-Watford-v-Luton-spark-trouble.html

No fans in the ground, the game's not even on TV... but police fear Watford v Luton on Saturday will spark trouble across Hertfordshire as they draft in more officers - and Graham Taylor's statue is boarded up at Vicarage Road

Watford face local rivals Luton Town on Saturday for the first time in 14 years
Matches between the two sides have previously been marred by trouble
A 2002 League Cup match at Vicarage Road resulted in 29 prosecutions
The statue of Watford legend Graham Taylor was being boarded up on Thursday

Jan 30, 2008
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...olice-fear-Watford-v-Luton-spark-trouble.html

No fans in the ground, the game's not even on TV... but police fear Watford v Luton on Saturday will spark trouble across Hertfordshire as they draft in more officers - and Graham Taylor's statue is boarded up at Vicarage Road

https://youtu.be/cZewAPjvW-M:shrug:
regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That is genuinely sad.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13112993/black-lives-matter-protester-jail-fire-union-jack-cenotaph/

MEMORIAL ARSON BID Black Lives Matter protester faces jail after trying to burn Union Jack on Cenotaph

A BLACK Lives Matter protester is facing jail after admitting trying to burn a Union Jack on the Cenotaph.

Astrophel Sang, 19, was filmed flicking a lighter in a bid to torch the flag, unaware it is flame-proof.

Westminster JPs heard he had been hostile and aggressive and enjoyed the attention as a crowd egged him on at the London war memorial.

Sang told cops in June: “I didn’t rip it. I tried to set fire to it.”

Protesters defaced Winston Churchill’s statue the same day.

Sang, of Birmingham, admitted attempted arson, was bailed and will be sentenced later.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we all have bigger things on our minds than some oik failing to set a flag on fire.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
all part and parcel of modern Britain ......look at the puss on it ffs ....:moo:

Nah, was a flash in the pan while it was a hot topic. It suits some poster’s agenda to keep raking over it but everyone else knows this was the side of BLM that while unsavoury and shameful, was short lived and unlikely to be repeated with any significant force.
The “arsonist” has been dealt with. Move on.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Nah, was a flash in the pan while it was a hot topic. It suits some poster’s agenda to keep raking over it but everyone else knows this was the side of BLM that while unsavoury and shameful, was short lived and unlikely to be repeated with any significant force.

In other words you weren't consulted before I posted the link .:(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
I think we all have bigger things on our minds than some oik failing to set a flag on fire.

If you have so smuch on your mind then why did you revisit the thread ?

You’ve strayed back into the realms of nonsense. Sorry, you’ve lost me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You are correct but it’s nice to see this type being brought to justice, I also don’t see an issue posting something on a long running thread about statues that’s tucked away in the Bear Pit :)
Also I’m sure when this actually happened someone on NSC ( I can’t remember who or which thread ) was trying to say this person was a girl

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

thousand more where he came from mate .....ie not sussex wakey wakey...:wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
thousand more where he came from mate .....ie not sussex wakey wakey...:wink:

Nah, another imaginary invasion of Britain dreamt up by Gammony Thicket and his band of Merry Racists. Nothing to see. Go back to bed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nah, another imaginary invasion of Britain dreamt up by Gammony Thicket and his band of Merry Racists. Nothing to see. Go back to bed.

i haven't been yet , local drinker's old man lives in Hayes .......take a weekend up there , maybe pop in to shadwell heath on the way back , then nip down to folkestone .....really , get out and about and see exactly what you are promoting .....go on son , you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't..:moo:

zzzzzzzzzzz ni ni :bigwave:

in a nice way like ....???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i haven't been yet , local drinker's old man lives in Hayes .......take a weekend up there , maybe pop in to shadwell heath on the way back , then nip down to folkestone .....really , get out and about and see exactly what you are promoting .....go on son , you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't..:moo:

zzzzzzzzzzz ni ni :bigwave:

in a nice way like ....???

Get some sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here