Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

Jan 30, 2008
Sculptor's black 'everywoman' erected on public art walk in London

Some great new sculptures and statues being erected recently to more accurately reflect our diverse and ever changing population. Can't argue with that.

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...hing-out-erected-at-public-art-walk-in-london

Not enough yet but the new commission should ensure London's long standing, rich ethnic history and how it has shaped Britain will be fairly represented across our capital. Gotta be happy with that!

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/mayor-announces-members-of-landmark-commission

15 members of new landmark Commission to ensure London’s historic achievements are properly reflected across the capital

Drive for greater diversity across the public realm – including statues, street names, building names and memorials

Commissioners will work with an expert Partners Board and a Borough Working Group

One of the unforeseen ( by most leave voters ) effects of our leaving the EU is that Britain is going to have to start acknowledging it's debt to many countries across the globe. We now need to make deals and friendships with many territories that we oppressed, exploited and abused for hundreds of years. They have moved on and they simply aren't going to accept another bulldozing by the Brits. Our culture, art and memorial landscape has to reflect that new attitude.
Why has leaving the EU been dragged into this act of wokery pokery ?
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why has leaving the EU been dragged into this act of wokery pokery ?
Regards
DF

“ Fancy popping down to Abu Hamza Square for a coffee? “

“ I’ll meet you in an hour, after my class on how to stitch my nipper into a suicide vest at the Shamima Begum day centre, sending hugz...laterz.lol”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
“ Fancy popping down to Abu Hamza Square for a coffee? “

“ I’ll meet you in an hour, after my class on how to stitch my nipper into a suicide vest at the Shamima Begum day centre, sending hugz...laterz.lol”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shall I bring adebowale along
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What makes you think it's "the left" rather than just a mindless vandal? Other than your own in-built prejudices, of course.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1372887058579124228[/TWEET]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
[TWEET]1372887058579124228[/TWEET]

I know just posting random tweets is all the rage these days but can you please expand on the point you are trying to make?

Spent a lovely afternoon/evening at Burghley house a couple of years ago at a battle proms concert ... do you want it raised to the ground or a big sign saying funded by racists?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I thought it was unlucky to do these things a day early.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19199350.statue-communist-leader-lenin-brighton-park-fundraiser/

Lenin.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It’s all contextual. If you flew the Union flag in say, Jamaica it would mean very different things to flying it in Britain. Same with statues. The British monarchy means a lot of different things to a lot of different countries. Some good. Some bad.
We need to respect other country’s feelings about Britain’s legacy.
These people are protesting after the discovery of a colonial mass grave containing the bodies of 1,000 indigenous peoples. They are understandably angered.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here