Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Early Doors

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just a heads up.

Early Doors on Gold at 10 pm tonight from the beginning.
If you have never seen it, I can’t recommend it highly enough.

To the Regiment.

I don’t know if it’s available anywhere else. Netflix, IPlayer etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I wish I was there

Brilliant comedy, one of the best.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Ken:
Anything else been happening lads?

Phil:
Well we had a drugs bust yesterday at Walton Avenue.

Ken:
Did ya?

Nige:
Oh, aye. Half five in the morning this was.

Phil:
We smashed the door down, dragged the fella out of bed, bundled him down to the lounge and read him the riot act while the plain clothes lads searched the place. We're at the sharp end, he's demanding a warrant, we're keeping him talking, the wife's going ballistic, plain clothes are rifling through the house, turning it upside down not having any joy. So the handler brings the sniffer dog in, lets that loose.

Ken:
And did it find out?

Phil:
Did it bollocks.

Nige:
We'd got the wrong house hadn't we?

Phil:
Well, there's a lot of Clark's in the phone book, Ken.

Crime can't crack itself!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just a heads up.

Early Doors on Gold at 10 pm tonight from the beginning.
If you have never seen it, I can’t recommend it highly enough.

To the Regiment.

I don’t know if it’s available anywhere else. Netflix, IPlayer etc.

Absolutely wonderful comedy.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Beautiful comedy on many many levels. Even better if you are a regular in a pub exactly like The Grapes.

The pub quiz episode is outstanding....

If those two got any thicker they'd set, look at this....what was the Roman name for London.....The Smoke.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Beautiful comedy on many many levels. Even better if you are a regular in a pub exactly like The Grapes.

The pub quiz episode is outstanding....

If those two got any thicker they'd set, look at this....what was the Roman name for London.....The Smoke.

Surely the answer is Pickles:lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really wanted to go to the live shows in Manchester last year.
I got tickets, booked a hotel , all set to go ,then I was taken into hospital for a cancer operation, and had to miss it.

I don’t think they are going to do it again.:down:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I really wanted to go to the live shows in Manchester last year.
I got tickets, booked a hotel , all set to go ,then I was taken into hospital for a cancer operation, and had to miss it.

I don’t think they are going to do it again.:down:

Well might make you feel a little better.....it wasn't anywhere near as good as the TV show.

It didn't really translate to the stage and missing Joan and Eddie (even though they replaced like for like) made it feel a bit forced. I'm not saying it was bad but all 4 of us that went came away saying the same thing, worth a watch but slightly disappointing as the TV show had set the bar so high.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well might make you feel a little better.....it wasn't anywhere near as good as the TV show.

It didn't really translate to the stage and missing Joan and Eddie (even though they replaced like for like) made it feel a bit forced. I'm not saying it was bad but all 4 of us that went came away saying the same thing, worth a watch but slightly disappointing as the TV show had set the bar so high.

Cheers for that, I thought all the original cast apart from James McAvoy were in it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Cheers for that, I thought all the original cast apart from James McAvoy were in it.

No sadly not. Joan and Eddie are written out but replaced with identical characters. Ken's mother and daughter are both different actresses if memory recalls.

No James McAvoy as you say but all the rest were the same.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Totally disagree with you!

I thought it was brilliant. A really receptive and responsive audience too. In the one I went to there was a bit in the middle where Craig Cash cracked up and started ad libbing - his rapport with the audience was brilliant.

Don't you like circuses?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I thought it was brilliant. A really receptive and responsive audience too. In the one I went to there was a bit in the middle where Craig Cash cracked up and started ad libbing - his rapport with the audience was brilliant.

Don't you like circuses?

Each to their own. As I say I think we all enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it was a patch on the TV series. We spoke more about how clever the set was on the way home than we did the jokes.

Its a really difficult thing to do and Bottom aside I can't think of a sit com that has translated as well on the stage. Those live Bottom tours were made by the "mistakes" and ad-libbing so maybe we saw Early Doors on the wrong night.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire

Don't you like circuses?

It was one of the funniest shows I have seen. And the was a great standing ovation at the end. It is hard to keep the pace of a half hour comedy going for a two act play (or was it a musical given the finale?) but they nailed it

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here