Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
e80d736450442ea1358b3a86ccd230c8.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just heard it fly over BN13, also saw a C130 go over Steyning earlier, going in the direction of Shoreham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was an A400M ! Was doing circuits of Shoreham & Gatwick and the flew around Scotland a bit.

Ideal skies for training with not many other planes up there.

Just saw the Chinook over BN13 too

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They thwackthwack along the north sides of the Downs every two or three weeks - last week I reckon I was actually above one as I stood on Wolstonbury Hill.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully taking away the Army camp that was set up at Waterhall just before lock-down

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I fukken love Chinooks. I won't allow myself to snuff it until I've been in one.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was an A400M ! Was doing circuits of Shoreham & Gatwick

Yep it was, I was going home along A27 about 3:15 and I’m 99% certain it took off from Shoreham as I was at the time level with cafe lay-by, and as I got to the flyover it was turning round heading south again. I thought to myself it was a bloody big plane to be taking off from Shoreham, but what do I know.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My Dad’s last posting was with 18 Squadron at Odiham. Impressive machines.

When was that? My brother in law served at Odiham with 18 sqdn almost 20 years ago....had many a good weekend down there on base! :wink:
Standing out by the runways & seeing him lead his squadron back in from Iraq 17 years ago was one of the most emotional experiences I've ever had. Having a whole load of Chinooks do a flypast at low level is just incredible.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When was that? My brother in law served at Odiham with 18 sqdn almost 20 years ago....had many a good weekend down there on base! :wink:
Standing out by the runways & seeing him lead his squadron back in from Iraq 17 years ago was one of the most emotional experiences I've ever had. Having a whole load of Chinooks do a flypast at low level is just incredible.

'89-'93 give or take a year or two...

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Saw it on my way to work last night, low and slow along the A259. Music off and windows down as the sound is something else.

I'm going to miss Airbourne this year, always next year though, hopefully.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here