Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs open from 22 June?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So looks like all shops open a week today, and restaurants, cafes, pubs open the Monday after- is being reported by the FT.

https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Ar...-open-on-22-June-Coronavirus-lockdown-lifting

Seems like pretty much everything possibly back open by 4 July then. Only outliers possibly larger / denser gatherings e.g. nightclubs, gigs, spectators at sports, festivals etc.

I did see NZ is going back to sports spectators attending, and a few other countries have done. And some Spanish and Italian footie clubs seeking limited fan attendance...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Like the football restarting thread there will be people that will poo poo this on here but come the time pubs open like the football will happily get involved.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Like the football restarting thread there will be people that will poo poo this on here but come the time pubs open like the football will happily get involved.

without a doubt.

To be honest , I and many of my mates and family. ( a couple who are high risk ) , would go to the pub and take chances if it was an option.

Really hope they are open by July 4th. Must be a plenty of scope its possible , especially in pub gardens.

Certainly be a much better normal if can go and let off some steam in the pubs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I did see NZ is going back to sports spectators attending, and a few other countries have done. And some Spanish and Italian footie clubs seeking limited fan attendance...

What an example NZ is. Their last 4 cases were reported on the 19th May. Their only restrictions will be around quarantine for those wishing to enter their Country, their economy is about to be turned back to 11!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What an example NZ is. Their last 4 cases were reported on the 19th May. Their only restrictions will be around quarantine for those wishing to enter their Country, their economy is about to be turned back to 11!

Not sure about that. Their economy is heavily reliant on the rest of the world, including tourism?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Shares in breweries /pubs are well up [Mitchells & Butlers 14%; Marstons 12% today]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
positive move, limited to outdoors. for indoors i think distance will need to be reduced to 1m before proper, practical opening will occur.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Fingers crossed the weather improves. Following one of the driest periods on record, the next couple of weeks at least are now looking rather wet.

I'm very much looking forward to a pint in a beer garden, though I can't see indoor drinking happening for a little while yet. I saw a video of a proposed modus operandi for Albert's Schloss, a German bar in Manchester (and a bloody good one at that!) and to be honest it all seemed a bit too much like hard work - I'd rather just sup a beer at home for the time being.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A little late for the Premier League re-kick-off, but an appetising thought nonetheless.

Anyone know pubs with outdoor TVs and sports subscriptions? Asking for a friend...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A little late for the Premier League re-kick-off, but an appetising thought nonetheless.

Anyone know pubs with outdoor TVs and sports subscriptions? Asking for a friend...

Not very helpful but I've drawn the conclusion that the pub will be more trouble than it's worth in the short term. Keeping 1m apart at the bar - or worse inefficient table service - social distancing at tables,the idea of face masks and the hassle I went through to get a crap takeaway flat pint in a plastic glass from a nearby pub has stuck it in the bin for now.

A 20m scart lead, spare TV, Gazebo, a full beer fridge and 4 mates (preferably with the wife taking the kids out) is more preferable for the Arsenal game. Bet it pisses down now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You just know that when they lift restrictions on pubs and the like ...promoting beer gardens etc that this dry spell will disappear and it’ll rain for a month :D

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fingers crossed the weather improves. Following one of the driest periods on record, the next couple of weeks at least are now looking rather wet.

I'm very much looking forward to a pint in a beer garden, though I can't see indoor drinking happening for a little while yet. I saw a video of a proposed modus operandi for Albert's Schloss, a German bar in Manchester (and a bloody good one at that!) and to be honest it all seemed a bit too much like hard work - I'd rather just sup a beer at home for the time being.

Doesn't look that bad, a few days here and there with a bit of rain it seems but mostly getting pretty warm - low 20s - and dry! :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well l hope the NZ government will agree to let me in next March when l want to go and see friends there!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hove Park Tavern has outside space and a couple of big tellies they wheel out for the summer competitions, but it is the Hove Park Tavern......

The Palmeira used to have one, but it is The Palmeira ... but at least it's not The Hove Park Tavern

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
None of my companies pubs will be opening until July 6th - At the earliest.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

The Thomas A Becket and the G&D in West Worthing I believe have outside tellys, although they’re unfortunately in the outside smoking areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here