Sussex
wtf is going on

EXMtjxzXYAABQoa.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Moved to Other Stuff, now back on the Big Board......

Attachments

• 37687965-310D-4485-A970-D3291A39024D.jpeg
    37687965-310D-4485-A970-D3291A39024D.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 352

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Moved to Other Stuff, now back on the Big Board......

You'll have to explain that link to me.

Orwell wrote about totalitarianism, abuse of power of the state, repression and surveillance in 1984, and you think that is similar to a post being moved on an internet message board from one part of the forum to another?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Orwell wrote about totalitarianism, abuse of power of the state, repression and surveillance in 1984, and you think that is similar to a post being moved on an internet message board from one part of the forum to another?

You think WQW has actually read it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Hi Pres,

Statement from Bozza, issuing rules and edicts about a thread (his board, his ball, understood), I start new thread asking questions. Within 3 or 4 minutes, maybe less, it is moved to Other Stuff. A couple of people pose questions about the speed of movement, we exchange a couple of PMs, three or four mins later it is back on the Big Board. Just seems a a little odd.

As does your quite strong questioning about the topic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hi Pres,

Statement from Bozza, issuing rules and edicts about a thread (his board, his ball, understood), I start new thread asking questions. Within 3 or 4 minutes, maybe less, it is moved to Other Stuff. A couple of people pose questions about the speed of movement, we exchange a couple of PMs, three or four mins later it is back on the Big Board. Just seems a a little odd.

Once again, what is the link between 1984 and a post being moved on this message board?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi Pres,

1. Your thread, assuming you mean this one. didn't ask a single question.

2. This thread was moved by a moderator, believing they were doing the right thing, as this thread very much looked like it was spoiling for a fight.

3. I immediately moved it back and informed the other moderators as to why. My comment to the mods WhatsApp group was, in its entirety: "Let them moan without claiming we're censoring moaming".

My intent was to just let you and your cohort get on with your moaning, but I've stepped in now.

I can only guess what you were trying to say because, as above, you didn't actually ask a question. However, the implication is that NSC is trying to censor what people say in some way, shape or form. That is absolutely not the case, as I stated on the BLM thread - you can say what you want, but if it's not related to the key message of the BLM movement, say it elsewhere.

I find the whole thing utterly tiresome and there are a small group of users who, if I allowed it, would completely spoil my usage of NSC. They have the same arguments, again and again, in what is a completely fruitless exercise. In both directions "the other side" are not going to change their minds, so I don't understand why so much time and angst is spent my the main protagonists on the same old fights.

I'm now considering a restructure of the site so that all threads that are, it seems, going to head down the same inevitable avenues can be housed away from the rest of the board, allowing everyone else to ignore them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here