Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Hisense

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s not a brand I’m familiar with...looking for a replacement tv for my Dad...can’t really go over £600 and they seem to offer reasonably prices stuff....but is it the old adage of get what you pay for....

Anyone bought one of their range?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've had a Hisense 50 inch 4k tv for about 2 years now, it was £350 from currys and think its brilliant for the price.

How do you get on watching sport....I can see a few comments re motion blur on one that’s 60mhz ..I was looking at the h50u7

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
How do you get on watching sport....I can see a few comments re motion blur on one that’s 60mhz ..I was looking at the h50u7

Never noticed a problem. My son is always bringing his playstation downstairs to use on it as he says fifa looks better on it. Something about the frames move quicker then his tv.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Never noticed a problem. My son is always bringing his playstation downstairs to use on it as he says fifa looks better on it. Something about the frames move quicker then his tv.

That'll be the input lag, which needs to be quicker for games than tv viewing. Frame rate will be 50/60hz unless spending quite a bit more. Manufacturers will make a claim to have higher frame rates, such as Motionflow XR 400 Hz , but this is just software manipulation, not real .
Input lag is how quick the TV responds to an action, such as a joystick movement or button press.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That'll be the input lag, which needs to be quicker for games than tv viewing. Frame rate will be 50/60hz unless spending quite a bit more. Manufacturers will make a claim to have higher frame rates, such as Motionflow XR 400 Hz , but this is just software manipulation, not real .
Input lag is how quick the TV responds to an action, such as a joystick movement or button press.

Is that 50/60 MHz satisfactory for football

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Motion handling is as important as refresh rate, too. Just go and watch one in store if you can.

Hisense make panels and components for loads of companies. They're a huge company (their revenue in 2018 was almost 35 BILLION dollars...) and they're stuck with a name that's not 'cool' here. All TV's are built to a budget, but the standard is getting increasingly higher as we go.

Interesting fact : LG, the hugely cool manufacturer, were first called "Lucky GoldStar" (hence the LG). They changed to "GoldStar" in the 80's (remember them in Dixons?) and then came up with the tag-line "Life's Good" recently, which many people think is what LG stands for..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here