Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate, Lamptey, MacAllister

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As we're now getting back to the stage of thinking about the rest of the season and players, I'm excited about these three. Granted, two of them have played less than 45 minutes of PL football (I think), but they all have such glaring attributes that they could make some valued contributions in our last nine games, especially with the nine bench/five sub rule, and Potter's tactical flexibility.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Alzate is a real talent, should be starting every game.

And because it was so long ago, I think we’ve all forgotten just how good Bissouma was before the break so I would add him to the list of exciting players who could make a big difference to us, really hope he carries on where he left off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't win nuffink with kids.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Alzate is a real talent, should be starting every game

At the expense of whom? We have Propper, Stephens, Gross, Trossard, MacAllister, Mooy and Bissouma all vying for spaces in midfield. I really like him, he’s the future but he can’t start every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the expense of whom? We have Propper, Stephens, Gross, Trossard, MacAllister, Mooy and Bissouma all vying for spaces in midfield.

You've got to wonder why we are so shite.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You've got to wonder why we are so shite.

If you look at that lot, there is a lack of pace and a lot of similar players. Also none of this lot naturally plays on the right side of midfield. Should be a bloody good in the engine room but then consider who they are up against every week. It’s a tough league.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
At the expense of whom? We have Propper, Stephens, Gross, Trossard, MacAllister, Mooy and Bissouma all vying for spaces in midfield. I really like him, he’s the future but he can’t start every game.

I think he should be in centre midfield and ahead of Stephens, Gross and Mooy for sure. Trossard is a more attacking/wide player and MacAllister is a little bit of an unknown quantity at the moment as exciting as his Wolves cameo was.

Personally I would like to see a centre midfield three of Bissouma, Propper and Alzate.

Trossard or MacAllister left wing and Ali J or March right wing behind Maupay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you look at that lot, there is a lack of pace and a lot of similar players. Also none of this lot naturally plays on the right side of midfield. Should be a bloody good in the engine room but then consider who they are up against every week. It’s a tough league.

True enough, esp pace, which I guess is why we all have such high hopes for the Scotchish lad.

But the old hands have an astonishingly high technical ability (despite what NSC says about Stephens)
Dale and Davy are incredibly well drilled.

It's definitely not a 1 man midfield (cough Villa/West Ham cough), not one that's a little bit rudimentary a la Burnley and there certainly seems to be more than enough Premier League quality.
More than 29 points and 5th from bottom, at least.
(I have no idea what the table looks like)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think he should be in centre midfield and ahead of Stephens, Gross and Mooy for sure. Trossard is a more attacking/wide player and MacAllister is a little bit of an unknown quantity at the moment as exciting as his Wolves cameo was.

Personally I would like to see a centre midfield three of Bissouma, Propper and Alzate.

Wow. If we were to play a three I’d be flabbergasted if it wasn’t Mooy, Stephens and Propper, assuming the first two have benefited from a rest

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. If we were to play a three I’d be flabbergasted if it wasn’t Mooy, Stephens and Propper, assuming the first two have benefited from a rest
That's probably right, but I'd love to see...

this. (despite the amount of players out of position)

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Looking to see more of this trio, Alzate has already shown a mature head for his age, with a bit of strength and quality chucked in too.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Given the number of games we have in such a short period of time, and the new 5 subs rule, they will all get their chances.

Is Stephens' contract still due to expire next season?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Well, I'm nearly with you. I'll go with your CM3, Trossard and Maupay, but MacA, Ali J and Mooy vying for the role on the right. As much as I like him, I've given up on Solly as an attacking PL player. Could do a great job at left back/LWB.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007

You wouldn’t pick Bissouma?! Was the Wolves game that long ago?! He’s a quality player and was excellent before the break. Like Alzate should be starting every week IMO.

I will caveat this by saying the situation is obviously totally unique so we don’t really have any idea how the next few weeks will play out or how the players have looked in training etc., but if we start most of the games with a midfield three of Mooy, Stephens and Propper I would be very surprised if we’re not in the bottom two at the end of the season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
True enough exciting prospects but with 5 subs only expect to see them if we are not playing well. That will be nine 45 minute cameo appearances then. :D

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can’t think of a game ive seen that Alzate has been a disappointment....although i wouldnt want to see him as a full back too often :moo:

I was about to argue with you, when I read more carefully and realised that you said has, not hasn't, and had expressed my views quicker and better than I could. Wolves at home when played at full back against tough opponents was the only time he looked his age and out of position. The rest of the time he looks like having the potential to be the perfect midfielder for Potter's system: quick of foot and brain, progressive when there is opportunity, aggressive when the need arises, (and sometimes when the need doesn't arise,but he'll learn). It seems incredible that he was playing in Division 2 for Swindon last year and has made this leap in such a short time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here