Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Anyone Else a Bit Worried?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
With no football for 3 months now (apart from a bit of Belarus, Korea and Germany) Mrs LWS has got used to watching what she wants on TV all the time. Clearly this is an easy situation - I don't mind yet another James Martin road trip if there's no sport on.

This has bred complacency which is about to change. The shift back to football on telly is going to be a tricky one and arguments will happen. Yes we do have two tellies but one is the big wall mounted one in the lounge - excellent for watching live games.

Bit worried about the disputes coming up as I try and change the new normal.

Anyone else?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not quite yet. Mrs P is fully aware of the impending football fest on the tellybox, even to the point of once it starts, moving the tv from the kitchen to the bedroom so she can carry on watching all the shite she watches leaving me the main tv in the lounge for the football.

Love her :love: (at the moment which may be subject to change once it all starts)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Your soon get bored of the friendlies, refs giving topsides all the 50/50 decisions as per. It’s a going to be a farce, remember waking up on a Saturday with a slight bit of excitement about going to football until the reality of Withdean kicked in. It will be worse than that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not quite yet. Mrs P is fully aware of the impending football fest on the tellybox, even to the point of once it starts, moving the tv from the kitchen to the bedroom so she can carry on watching all the shite she watches leaving me the main tv in the lounge for the football.

Love her :love: (at the moment which may be subject to change once it all starts)

Sounds excellent, can l come and watch it at your house then?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm not too worried about dealing with my wife as I think I'll be able to watch most of the games on the telly but if not I'll watch them on a large computer screen.

What does concern me though is my mental health.
I've been fine in lockdown and have been able to relax with less going on and the opportunity to go on regular countryside walks.
But with the season about to restart I'm find myself worrying more about Brighton's survival than is healthy. A couple of decent results will ease my fears, but unfortunately I'm expecting us to be in the bottom three within 10 days of the restart.
I often think that it would be so much nicer not to be a keen supporter of particular teams (Sussex CCC, England cricket, Bognor, Brighton) and then there would be less heartache.
I've somehow got to a point where I dwell on the lows longer than the highs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rebooted an old laptop and hooked it up via HDMI to the TV in the bedroom. Going to use it only for Sky Sports and watching water run down a stream.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm not too worried about dealing with my wife as I think I'll be able to watch most of the games on the telly but if not I'll watch them on a large computer screen.

I've been fine in lockdown and have been able to relax with less going on and the opportunity to go on regular countryside walks.
But with the season about to restart I'm find myself worrying more about Brighton's survival than is healthy. A couple of decent results will ease my fears, but unfortunately I'm expecting us to be in the bottom three within 10 days of the restart.
I often think that it would be so much nicer not to be a keen supporter of particular teams (Sussex CCC, England cricket, Bognor, Brighton) and then there would be less heartache.

This will fade with age!:lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
With no football for 3 months now (apart from a bit of Belarus, Korea and Germany) Mrs LWS has got used to watching what she wants on TV all the time. Clearly this is an easy situation - I don't mind yet another James Martin road trip if there's no sport on.

This has bred complacency which is about to change. The shift back to football on telly is going to be a tricky one and arguments will happen. Yes we do have two tellies but one is the big wall mounted one in the lounge - excellent for watching live games.

Bit worried about the disputes coming up as I try and change the new normal.

Anyone else?

Not really. Mrs shoes knows the rules.:D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We’ve gone the other way, now almost laughing at how the Albion just can’t win PL games of football. A series of L’s and relegation would complete the story. We’re not going to let the team get us down, after all, there’s always the Championship. Or we might even win some games and stay up!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We’ve gone the other way, now almost laughing at how the Albion just can’t win PL games of football. A series of L’s and relegation would complete the story. We’re not going to let the team get us down, after all, there’s always the Championship. Or we might even win some games and stay up!

Yes, I too enjoyed the Championship and winning might well become a habit again. but though I too enjoyed those years in the second tier, two worries remain:
We might do an Ipswich and be there for years with some mediocrity and don't forget - it is poor old TB whom we will be asking to finance our pleasure - he won't want to do that forever, if we don't care . .

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
What’s all this negativity? Albion Down ?
Come on, let’s cheer the lads to victory from home... Truth is , if I am honest I don’t know whether Albion will survive, but my heart tells me they will, so that is how I think. One thing, we are better off than the bottom three clubs and with a little bit of luck...... you never know.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And yet we haven't been in the relegation zone for 105 PL games, played under normal PL rules - something we should in fact be proud of.

Whilst I am not over enthused by the charge to get football restarted in the current situation, I have a 100% belief we will do ok after we do restart, and am not particularly worried by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here