Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Would be good to know the shop so we can make sure to avoid it in future! That's disgusting
As far as I'm aware, there are no shops in New Church Road. Nurseries, dentists and health centres, yes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

But your statement is throwing in a proxy parasite again.

I'm sad you can't see this.

The cause itself is not connected to the activities of those who support it.

I'll try and explain this through a different scenario.

You, like me, love football. In the 1980s and even recently, the game has been affected by the actions of hooligans.

Do you believe that football is no longer a fantastic sport because of this ? You probably feel the same way about the game itself. You would just rather the nasty element stayed away and stopped trying to ruin things for others. But it is still the great game it always was.

The movement to address issues of prejudice and discrimination is a great wave of consciousness. That doesn't change because a group of people use measures worthy of condemnation to promote it.

Please just spend 10 minutes to watch this guy, he tells it as it is.

#alllivesmatter

https://www.facebook.com/153657598048710/posts/3039377906143317/

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
That is a simplification that needs some clarifying.
The protest movement is not saying ' Black American Lives Matter '...it is saying ' Black Lives Matter ' This, therefore, includes, by definition, all black people globally. Black is defined as ' mid to dark brown ' complexion. Not all black people have dark skin. Are the protestors including the black population of the UK? Which is 1% Black Caribbean...0.8% Black African...0.2% Black Other. Are they including Sub Saharan Africans, the majority of whom have independence and control their own affairs. The inference is that there is persecution of black people globally. Not true. They have used a ' broadstrokes ' title to get their message across, when the real problem centres in one country and that country has fought issues of colour prejudice for much of its short history. Of course we have had issues in the UK and are still fighting them but we are decades ahead of the USA in terms of tolerance, acceptance and treatment of black people.
If anything, the Jewish race have more of a global problem than black people. Systemic anti-semitism exists everywhere, including the UK. The recent publicity surrounding the Labour Party highlights the problem. People of mixed race ethnicity have risen through the political ranks and so have many Jews. But they are blocked in pursuit of the highest office of state.
The question these protestors should be asking is why the great strides forward made by the civil rights campaigners in the 50's and 60's were not maintained. Why a black president made little or no difference. Why the police get away with so little accountability in a country that has 18,000 separate police forces. Thats the problem that has to be addressed. Rogue officers getting re-employed by other forces with very little difficulty. If you don't weed out the bad apples, the barrel stays rotten. Has the problem been simmering below the surface for years, suppressed to some extent, by black people themselves, who were happier with their increasingly better lifestyles ( particularly under Trump ) and didn't feel the need to protest as much. This one issue has re-ignited the fire.
I think an ' All Lives Matter ' statement might have been better termed..' Other Lives Matter ' As for ' Black Lives Matter ' well...imho...its too inclusive but the genie is out of the bottle now and its been embraced by all and sundry.
p.s..Its now become fashionable to put down anyone with a different viewpoint as ...' Thick and Racist ' This immaturity has to stop otherwise every debate will get dragged to this level.

Thank you. I stand by what I said.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
102705714_10157360063036313_3306021659067553780_o.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Please just spend 10 minutes to watch this guy, he tells it as it is.

#alllivesmatter

https://www.facebook.com/153657598048710/posts/3039377906143317/

What I find offensive is that the death of a man is being used as part of an election campaign. Using George Floyd as a Mascot for political gain is not only desperate, it is in bad taste.

The following facts clearly exposes the game that is being played by the Democrats: Minneapolis is a Democrat led city. The Chief of Police is a Democrat, the Mayor, Governor and Attorney General are Democrats too. George Floyd's death happened under the Democratic authority and at the hands of their police.

Not forgetting Joker mods on NSC who like to extinguish balanced discussions in preference for an echo chamber. They cannot even listen to the black community either :mad:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What I find offensive is that the death of a man is being used as part of an election campaign. Using George Floyd as a Mascot for political gain is not only desperate, it is in bad taste.

The following facts clearly exposes the game that is being played by the Democrats: Minneapolis is a Democrat led city. The Chief of Police is a Democrat, the Mayor, Governor and Attorney General are Democrats too. George Floyd's death happened under the Democratic authority and at the hands of their police.

Not forgetting Joker mods on NSC who like to extinguish balanced discussions in preference for an echo chamber. They cannot even listen to the black community either :mad:

I don't claim to be an expert on American politics and I know even less about Minneapolis. This article suggests your claims are wrong, or at least not the whole truth:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/minneapolis-police-union-bob-kroll-us

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I've heard a lot of black American voices who are sick of the blacks are helpless victims schtick that is peddled by MSM, Democrats and Corporations and the whole raison d'etre of BLM. They also question the goals and motives of the movement.If black lives matter then their voices should be heard. Guess what though? Certain people label them as Coons, Uncle Toms or race traitors. White people tell them they are wrong! Biden says If you are for Trump you ain't black. Patronising . As ever there are grey areas. Not all blacks are on the BLM bus.

D

Deleted member 2719

35 injured police. :nono::nono::nono:

Anyone could have been a visual death.

How many stealth deaths from Covid???

Poor NHS workers rolling up their sleeves yet again just as the flow of Covid patients had start to empty from their wards.

It really is just senseless, I know of nurses who are broken after seeing those scenes at the weekend because they know what is coming their way in 2-3 weeks and beyond that for months. :rant:

I urge anyone even thinking of going on one of these demos to use your head and start a petition ie to remove all racist statues from the UK.

#alllivesmatters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've heard a lot of black American voices who are sick of the blacks are helpless victims schtick that is peddled by MSM, Democrats and Corporations and the whole raison d'etre of BLM. They also question the goals and motives of the movement.If black lives matter then their voices should be heard. Guess what though? Certain people label them as Coons, Uncle Toms or race traitors. White people tell them they are wrong! Biden says If you are for Trump you ain't black. Patronising . As ever there are grey areas. Not all blacks are on the BLM bus.

First caller on R5 the other day was a black guy from Birmingham who stated he had never experienced racism and even if he had it wouldn't bother him and black people should stop whining and get on with it (I paraphrase).

I'm sorry but it is not for him, or for you, to tell other people to not feel discriminated against, whether by reason or (as in your post) by whataboutery.

You appear to be determined to not understand BLM. I wonder why. Either you're a bit racist (i.e., racist) or (if you're black) you're conflating defiance with denial to make yourself feel stronger.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
First caller on R5 the other day was a black guy from Birmingham who stated he had never experienced racism and even if he had it wouldn't bother him and black people should stop whining and get on with it (I paraphrase).

I'm sorry but it is not for him, or for you, to tell other people to not feel discriminated against, whether by reason or (as in your post) by whataboutery.

You appear to be determined to not understand BLM. I wonder why. Either you're a bit racist (i.e., racist) or (if you're black) you're conflating defiance with denial to make yourself feel stronger.

Very possibly he wasn’t black?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very possibly he wasn’t black?

He said he was and he sounded like he was. Could have been an act, of course. It's good to question the evidence. If you're right it doesn't detract from my point, though.

I ran across a black NF supporter in the 70s. Some people are very odd.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Where is [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], I thought he would be all over several of the threads started in recent days?

I’m concerned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where is [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], I thought he would be all over several of the threads started in recent days?

I’m concerned.

Has he not changed his user name owing to some faux pas or other, or was that one of the other heavy-breathing members of the pink-faced pointy-finger brigade? ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He said he was and he sounded like he was. Could have been an act, of course. It's good to question the evidence. If you're right it doesn't detract from my point, though.

I ran across a black NF supporter in the 70s. Some people are very odd.

Some African Americans proudly work for Trump, often coming on air to belligerently back the racist.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

I want to understand them (BLM). I find it funny you think I must be racist. I went on their website and I am not totally impressed. It's very corporate, they have strange communist style ideas. They seem to want to dismantle Euro/western society. There's a couple of lines about replacing traditional family units with collective tribe-like communities. Very little mention of whites or any other races for that matter. Not so inclusive. I find them ultra idealistic. De-funding the police seems to be part of the manifesto. When they achieve equality will they disband?Just because something is shoved down your throat doesn't mean a) it's good for you or b) you have to swallow it. Have you checked their literature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here