Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is a very important movement so here is a place for people to discuss it.
[MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION]

Go for your life mate.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
in fairness All lives do matter.
If you are brave enough to stick your head over the parapet and say it in this climate of hate, where saying it gets you attacked on multiple fronts.......then good on you for not being divisive when divisive is winning the day and making people barking mad.
All lives matter is common sense.

If you want to pedant the crap out of it and say what about ISIS terrorists, do their lives matter ask yourself if Black ISIS terrorist lives matter........the answer is the same.
If you think there are different answers you are part of the problem.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
People who say 'All lives matter' are not motivated by common sense.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nihilists would agree with Freddie Mercury that nothing really matters.
What is black and white....?
and red?
Nothing. Colour is a misconstruction of the mind.

However, anyone who states #White Lives Matter would be a thick, useless piece of **** in my eyes, if I weren’t a nihilist.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Of course all lives matter.. The problem in USA is that the black community believe that their system acts as though their lives don’t matter. ,hence the movement
White, Brown,Black we are all the same under the skin

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Two analogies I read recently seem appropriate.
One was from the U.K. firefighters.
A house in a street is on fire, and an engine turns up to fight the fire. Other house owners come into the street to say, all houses matter.
The other is someone at a child’s funeral is delivering the eulogy, saying the child was special and loved, but someone rushes forward in the crematorium to shout, all children are special and loved.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
AEE2EDA8-2A40-4D4F-8D94-1EB5C966C819.jpeg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Too. Also.

If only someone had put either of those words into Black Lives Matter we wouldn't have this consistent misunderstanding.

All lives matter but some are being treated as if they don't. Black Lives Matter Too. Black Lives Also Matter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Too. Also.

If only someone had put either of those words into Black Lives Matter we wouldn't have this consistent misunderstanding.

All lives matter but some are being treated as if they don't. Black Lives Matter Too. Black Lives Also Matter.

As you well know (as demonstrated by Mr Cummings many times), slogans have a maximum of three words before they lose they potency.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Does a peodo’s life matter? Nope

Sadly a lot of ‘paedos’ are/were victims of sexual assaults when young themselves, and they then go on to replicate that behaviour, their first sexual experience, something they might not otherwise have done. While you can never condone their behaviour, a lot of them are victims themselves.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Some of the accounts of I’ve read from black people have been dreadful - children called the n word, outright violence .
Some have been iffy though.
“I didn’t get A promotion From my white boss“, “that White person didn’t speak to much at work”....Sounded like unconvincing cases Of racism, to me.
Perhaps that means I have white privilege

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Some of the accounts of I’ve read from black people have been dreadful - children called the n word, outright violence .
Some have been iffy though.
“I didn’t get A promotion From my white boss“, “that White person didn’t speak to much at work”....Sounded like unconvincing cases Of racism, to me.

Last year my daughter worked at a large independently owned shop on New Church Road, Hove. When they advertised a job vacancy last year, the manageress made no secret of the fact that she binned any applications received with black/African sounding names on sight, not even bothering to read them. The shop staff were all white. It’s that kind of despicable ‘invisible’ racism on our doorstep that people of colour are up against every single day. Sickening and depressing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Racism exists, and nearly all of if it has historically been committed by whites against non whites. In current times those figures are not the same.

Last edited:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Too. Also.

Nah. To these ears that would sound pleading and apologetic. Black Lives Matter is powerful because it is polemical, and the fact that it is open to interpretation makes it a more discussion-provoking statement. People who believe that BLM means that Black lives matter more than other lives are having a dense moment, and/or, are ignorant about history. People who disingenuously say they believe BLM means this are usually those that entertain a racist idea or two.

Plus, the chant wouldn't be as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here