Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will you be shouting “Come on Palace” at 1945 on 20 June?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not often I will be a big fan (the last time wasn’t that long ago though - Cardiff last season)

We are all rooting for Palace for just one game, no?

Live on BBC too

Maybe some of you can’t stomach it and hope for a draw? Let’s be honest Palace aren’t going down so results against teams around us has to be a bonus.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Not often I will be a big fan (the last time wasn’t that long ago though - Cardiff last season)

We are all rooting for Palace for just one game, no?

Live on BBC too.

First live PL game on the BBC after 32 years - I want my licence fee back!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Knowing we need Palace to win to help our relegation fight, they’ll probably not bother and allow an easy home win, just to piss us off a bit more!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I will be quietly hoping for a game with Bournemouth dominating start to finish with no end product- then shipping a mad own goal at the end.

No credit to Palace, no points for Bournemouth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, I'm not sure how many of the games that don't involve us I'm going to pay any attention to beyond the final results.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be cheering on the builders as they finish their new stand.

Work began late 2018.
The money was ring fenced.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'll be cheering on the builders as they finish their new stand.

Work began late 2018.
The money was ring fenced.

They must be nearly finished now, no games for the last 3 months they must have really cracked on with it.

I can’t wait to see the photos, I’m surprised no Palace fans have posted any on here to make us jealous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They must be nearly finished now, no games for the last 3 months they must have really cracked on with it.

I can’t wait to see the photos, I’m surprised no Palace fans have posted any on here to make us jealous.

How long did it take to build The AMEX, from the ground first being broken?

palace were building 1 (one) stand.
Work "due to start late 2018".
It's now 18 months later.

So assuming they've just about finished now, working on the same schedule I guess it took 6 years to complete Falmer.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With the BBC no doubt playing this fixture up as the biggest game ever in their television history, there will be so many BBC employees at the game that it will probably be a sell out at Dean Court or whatever it;s called these days.

Mr Tumble to get a penalty in the last minute which VAR review and still award although contact looks minimal to say the least, and a 1-0 win to Palace with their only shot of the game from the spot kick.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I will be quietly hoping for a game with Bournemouth dominating start to finish with no end product- then shipping a mad own goal at the end.

No credit to Palace, no points for Bournemouth.

Not forgetting loads of nasty tackles and cards.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Knowing we need Palace to win to help our relegation fight, they’ll probably not bother and allow an easy home win, just to piss us off a bit more!!

To be fair they finished Cardiff off last season when we couldn't........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here