Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I may have missed a thread or 20 on this, but is he staying at Leeds? Pretty sure a loan contract is to a set date (which presumably would have been end of May or June?) not a season end and therefore we could have him back unless we agreed to extend that?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Might as well extend it to the end of the season, as he can't play for us anyway. To refuse would just p off him and Leeds unnecessarily.

I thought it had been extended but I don't think it's the case that he couldn't play for us. A player can't turn out for three clubs but can play for two in a season

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I did see somewhere that it had been extended to the end of the season
We shall (hopefully) see him in the stripes next season

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I thought it had been extended but I don't think it's the case that he couldn't play for us. A player can't turn out for three clubs but can play for two in a season

A rule has been added to prevent returned loanees playing for the parent club this season. White cannot play for us.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I cant recall where I saw the reference to this.Ot may have been bbc sport site. In any case I think it makes sense to use season rather than date as determining factor.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
His loan has been extended to the end of this season

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Not sure i have seen any threads on Ben White. Can someone fill me in on who he is and how his loan at Leeds is going? Do their fans like him?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure i have seen any threads on Ben White. Can someone fill me in on who he is and how his loan at Leeds is going? Do their fans like him?

He was shit at Brighton. Thankfully he went to Leeds where he has learnt how to play football and is excellent. In fact he might as well be one of their own now. So they're keeping him for free, apparently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In any case he's not in our 25 (24) man squad is he?

Yesterday it was reported they are looking at whether clubs can update their 25 man squads to account for players back from injury etc. Not sure there's been a confirmed decision on this.

Would affect whether we can bring Andone back in or not, as we don't presently have a full 25-man squad, is my understanding.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I did see somewhere that it had been extended to the end of the season
We shall (hopefully) see him in the stripes next season

You’re wrong.

Dirty Leeds fans have assured me that if he loses the plot and doesn’t stay at the permanent European Champions , he will go to the present European Champions or the European Champions elect.

And, apparently we HAVE to sell him, it’s the law.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to see a reference confirming this. Lots of talk that loans would be extended for the season but also lots of talk that contracts last to 30th June. I've searched and failed to see anything that covers a returning player like this.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
You’re wrong.

Dirty Leeds fans have assured me that if he loses the plot and doesn’t stay at the permanent European Champions , he will go to the present European Champions or the European Champions elect.

And, apparently we HAVE to sell him, it’s the law.

Mea culpa !
Thanks for putting me right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here