Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis MacAllister

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If (when) we stay up, I wonder if our efforts to get this guy back early turn out to be some of the best business done in recent history...?

I just have a hunch he’ll be providing a big impact for us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If (when) we stay up, I wonder if our efforts to get this guy back early turn out to be some of the best business done in recent history...?

Bit of an unknown for other teams I guess and now has the benefit of a mini pre season to gel with the team.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I've been thinking the same. With 9 substitutes, Potter will have a wealth of options if he starts and fails but I don't think he will.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've definitely got unrealistically high expectations for the poor lad.

The one thing he's got in his favour is the fact he's coming into a squad that doesn't have a player in his position and those around him have hardly set the world alight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good business? With the benefit od hindsight, not really - we'd paid good money to get him back to not play a game, when w'd be getting him back in a couple of weeks for free anyway.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Good business? With the benefit od hindsight, not really - we'd paid good money to get him back to not play a game, when w'd be getting him back in a couple of weeks for free anyway.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'll give him the usual 20 minutes before I judge him a complete failure, and offer to pay his airfare back to Argentina.

Ti's the NSC WAY.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking forward to see more of him. If he starts or not is hard to tell but probably not against Arsenal, even if fitness will probably be one of the main factors in selecting a team the first two weeks or so, making it even more impossible than before to guess a lineup.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One thing about Alexis is that he is a relative unknown. So I don't doubt the clubs we're playing will have scouted us to death over the last 2 months. Alexis offers that bit of unpredictability about how we line up

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Other than the fee to get him back early, wasn’t there some work permit loophole we excersised that may not have been an option in the summer?

The reporting around this wasn't exactly clear (to my mind) but I seem to remember that it was implied that the work permit is only for a limited period anyway and there will have to be another application (this summer?).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He looked very promising in his few cameo appearances before lockdown. A 50 million superstar in the making I reckon, or my memory is playing tricks with me as it was so long ago.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He looked very promising in his few cameo appearances before lockdown. A 50 million superstar in the making I reckon, or my memory is playing tricks with me as it was so long ago.

Your memory IS playing tricks - he made one appearance, for 10 minutes (plus injury time) against Wolves.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The reporting around this wasn't exactly clear (to my mind) but I seem to remember that it was implied that the work permit is only for a limited period anyway and there will have to be another application (this summer?).

Didn't he only initially get a 6 month work permit? Which would have been back in Feb or March so long enough to finish the season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Didn't he only initially get a 6 month work permit? Which would have been back in Feb or March so long enough to finish the season.

Don’t believe so. Work permit is length of contract usually and can’t see anything which indicates otherwise online

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here