[Help] Shower help needed

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep :)
£10 extra if customers says ‘I’ve had a look on google and...’
£20 extra if customer says ‘my neighbour reckons.....’
£30 extra if customer says ‘I swear I ain’t touched it, it’s always been like that’
£40 extra if customer says ‘ my mate is in the game so I let him have a look’
:lolol: £50’extra if their ‘normal’ sparks who is much cheaper than you is stuck on a big job, on holiday, ill, not answering his phone... do they really think we haven’t heard it all before ???

D

Deleted member 22389

Wise man, it’s a strange mentality though particularly amongst men begrudgingly paying a tradesman as a last resort. I’ve seen silver foil wrapped around fuses rather than pay a professional putting themselves and their family at risk for the sake of a few quid.

For me it's knowing the job has been properly. If you tackle the job yourself without the proper certification, set your house on fire, flood it, the insurance would not pay you out. All tradesman I should imagine have some sort of insurance to cover things like this.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor (2).gif

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep :)
£10 extra if customers says ‘I’ve had a look on google and...’
£20 extra if customer says ‘my neighbour reckons.....’
£30 extra if customer says ‘I swear I ain’t touched it, it’s always been like that’
£40 extra if customer says ‘ my mate is in the game so I let him have a look’

Someone phoned me recently and asked for a price for a job, I told him the price and he said I could do it if I knocked £10 off, he said the last plumber charged less, the job took 5 minutes and it was easy.

I asked him if he knew where Toolstation is and suggested he went and bought the tools and had a go himself.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For me it's knowing the job has been properly. If you tackle the job yourself without the proper certification, set your house on fire, flood it, the insurance would not pay you out. All tradesman I should imagine have some sort of insurance to cover things like this.
Indeed we have public liability insurance think mine is up to £5m of cover. I accessed an insurance claim last year a chap had wired in three electric heater circuits in his flat incorrectly and burnt the place down. Luckily no one was injured.
My report went in which massively effected his claim as he had to admit he carried out the work himself as he couldn’t provide a name of an electrician or the relevant certification.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Someone phoned me recently and asked for a price for a job, I told him the price and he said I could do it if I knocked £10 off, he said the last plumber charged less, the job took 5 minutes and it was easy.

I asked him if he knew where Toolstation is and suggested he went and bought the tools and had a go himself.
Ah the mystery other plumber??? we all know once happy customers are keen to keep your details and always call you when needed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Our Victorian Plumbing shower is four years old and is leaking like a ******* from the taps and the shower head. Also various bits have fallen off and it's generally looking tatty.

Bloke who fitted it says it's not possible to fix and needs completely replacing.

We videoed the problem and sent it to VP, saying we can't believe the shower is falling apart so quickly. They're sending a replacement, even though it's out of guarantee.

Fair play to them but we still need to pay a plumber to install it.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Our Victorian Plumbing shower is four years old and is leaking like a ******* from the taps and the shower head. Also various bits have fallen off and it's generally looking tatty.

Bloke who fitted it says it's not possible to fix and needs completely replacing.

We videoed the problem and sent it to VP, saying we can't believe the shower is falling apart so quickly. They're sending a replacement, even though it's out of guarantee.

Tsk. A little time on Youtube and a bit of DIY. A five minute job. :D :whistle:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Surprised it lasted four years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here