Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] BBC Radio 6 Music

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
6 music is now my station of choice, love Sean w, love Lauren, Love huey and Craig but mary Anne hobbs fake laughter is beginning to grate.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I try to like Craig Charles, I think he has a good taste in music generally, but his show flits from the sublime to the rediculous . . . one minute you're at a Northern soul do or on a scooter rally ( fantastic) the next minute its like a dodgy Woolworths cover mash up on the B&Q sound system!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
No mention of Keavney ? Enjoy his ‘humour’

I have tended to have 6Music on for a while now during the day, but can’t stand Lauren Laverne. Agree re Steve Lamaq too, had got used to Craig Charles

I would like to eat Lauren Lavernes shit, but each to their own.....

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
can’t stand Lauren Laverne

I liked her before, but now I can listen to her every morning whilst WFH - I'm a little bit fonder. The thing about her, Cerys and a few others, is their genuine personal music history and actual interest in the people they talk to - with knowledge and shared contacts.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am listening to Radio 6 more and more at the moment, and even Mrs DiS has discovered it, because you are far more likely to hear something interesting and eclectic that maybe you have never heard before. For muchbthe same readon we prefer Radio 3 to Classic FM, which just annoys me, mostly because of the sycophant presenters.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I liked her before, but now I can listen to her every morning whilst WFH - I'm a little bit fonder. The thing about her, Cerys and a few others, is their genuine personal music history and actual interest in the people they talk to - with knowledge and shared contacts.

Yes and I love the way Cerys and Lauren speak, their voices sound so soothing somehow

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Heads up.

After his excellent and eclectic 16 or so Mixtapes, Mr Peaky Blinders returns on Monday with 'a nocturnal playlist, made for after midnight. Featuring music both old and new - ranging from afrobeat to electronica, jazz, spoken word and poetry.'

Should be akin to LateNightTales with Cillian Murphy.

Should be great.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh and as mentioned above, you're unlikely to hear some Kennedy's first thing in the morning on any other major station. Brilliant.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Enjoying Shaun's show today. Always good on a Friday!

Brilliant show - Nice bit of Funky Frank later too! (can't not laugh at every Sid James clip..)

Then over to Bush and Ritchie on Absolute at 4pm for a bit of stupidity - but would stay with 6 for Steve Lamacq if they weren't on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here