Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] BBC Radio 6 Music

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Mein gott they are playing some bangers this morning, a celebration of the noughties, The Strokes, Libertines, Polyphonic Spree...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This Robert Hood mix is exactly what I needed on a Friday as we reach the end of 'lockdown' and head into 'Tier 2' :)

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Lamacq ‘throwing down’ some absolute bangers tonight, I’m cooking chicken egg fried rice but keep having to break off from the wok to glide across the kitchen lino, and I don’t rate Lamacq usually, some kind of dance tune evening I think. Marvellous.

:rave:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In regard to yesterday, Radcliffe has his show subdued, reflective and respectful today.

With music to match, Eno to Big Thief, Glass to Bon Iver.

If you like this kind of music, it's a bloody treat.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It doesn't look like Craig Charles is on tonight. Not sure if this is related to yesterday's events or not. Find it pretty odd that according to their schedule 6music played 6 hours of BBC news special from midnight till 6 this morning. Must be terrified of newspapers complaining that people might be having fun on the radio

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is anyone else really hacked off that Liz Kershaw has been replaced by some abysmal hip hop rubbish on Saturday lunchtime?

That was a staple of my day....

Liz has moved to Sunday to do "legendary" interviews. She seemed to be cutting back anyway. At times she wasn't on in the first lockdown and I think her show was down to one hour at one point as well.

Normally she was the one person on a Saturday I didn't bother with. Lovely lady and all that but she just played records I'd already bought 30 or 40 years ago.

Personally enjoyed the Jamz Supernova show last week as well. I like how Saturdays have a focus on quite dancy, quite black music but with Hughie chucking in a nice bit of rock now and again and plenty of indie on RadMac, with Sundays being a lot more chilled :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here