Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Hove Fitness & Squash Club [formerly Corals]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With Virgin Active closing (see other thread) just a quick bounce to say Hove Fitness & Squash is looking for members. The club celebrated its first birthday a few weeks ago with various activities and a party in the evening which shows the club has a thriving social scene as well as fitness activities.

Squash club has a load of leagues covering all abilities in both squash and racketball, there is a squash club night on a Wednesday where non-members are welcome to give the club a try and play a few games in a random round robin.

Sammy Nelson and Paul Flood are still members, even with Sammy’s dodgy knees he’s still playing racketball!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
With Virgin Active closing (see other thread) just a quick bounce to say Hove Fitness & Squash is looking for members. The club celebrated its first birthday a few weeks ago with various activities and a party in the evening which shows the club has a thriving social scene as well as fitness activities.

Squash club has a load of leagues covering all abilities in both squash and racketball, there is a squash club night on a Wednesday where non-members are welcome to give the club a try and play a few games in a random round robin.

Sammy Nelson and Paul Flood are still members, even with Sammy’s dodgy knees he’s still playing racketball!

Good heads up.
Hope Steve Foster isn't still weeing in the squash courts.....

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

Have to say it is superb value for money too for the all inclusive classes membership option tand you may even be lucky enough to see me spin there Saturdays and Mondays 🚴*♂️🚴*♂️🚴*♂️. England female boxer is starting classes there as well now.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Sounds great and I'm envious. At the Lifetime Fitness where I'm a member in Tempe, we used to have four squash courts. We held regular tournaments, including an annual WISPA event (the Women's governing body before they eventually merged with the PSA) and PSA tournaments until Lifetime decided to convert two of the courts into a "Kids' Academy", which is empty 98% of the time.

A couple of weeks ago, they gave us 4 days notice that they were going to convert the two remaining courts into a "cycle studio". ********.

I hope your club continues to thrive.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sounds great and I'm envious. At the Lifetime Fitness where I'm a member in Tempe, we used to have four squash courts. We held regular tournaments, including an annual WISPA event (the Women's governing body before they eventually merged with the PSA) and PSA tournaments until Lifetime decided to convert two of the courts into a "Kids' Academy", which is empty 98% of the time.

A couple of weeks ago, they gave us 4 days notice that they were going to convert the two remaining courts into a "cycle studio". ********.

I hope your club continues to thrive.

Hove Fitness and Squash really is a good club. Lots of free parking, friendly and welcoming staff, inexpensive, decent equipment, well kept squash courts, all sorts of fitness classes, PT and a nice coffee/bar area. Also does lots of fund raising for local charities.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Just had a look at the classes, as that is all we would look to use..got bored rigid in the gym at Virgin, we would look at YOGA and PILATES. Only a couple of classes and Pilates at stupid time for anyone working and one yoga class we can see, which probably means it gets booked up quickly.

With Virgin closing and then the Circle on the seafront, trying to find decent class based Pilates and yoga is getting more difficult

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just had a look at the classes, as that is all we would look to use..got bored rigid in the gym at Virgin, we would look at YOGA and PILATES. Only a couple of classes and Pilates at stupid time for anyone working and one yoga class we can see, which probably means it gets booked up quickly.

With Virgin closing and then the Circle on the seafront, trying to find decent class based Pilates and yoga is getting more difficult

I’ll pass this on - I don’t disagree, I was also a member of the Circle for yoga classes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, I’ve dropped out the yoga habit and just playing squash and racketball at the moment. I’m not sure if Wendy is the same instructor that did some yin classes at The Circle?

Sorry yes that is what I meant….Wendy at the Circle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here