Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Hove Fitness & Squash Club [formerly Corals]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[NOT SO...] HOT OFF THE PRESS

GVC, the holding company of Coral Ladbroke has agreed a lease arrangement with an interested party, who in conjunction with Ben Hutton the coach, and a few other parties (including myself :D) have been behind the formation of a charity entity that will rename the club to The Orchard Club, or Orchard Health and Rackets or something.

The next steps will be getting the club Covid-ready, and we have to establish a whole new membership database. We're hoping for a more streamline / online / monthly subscription, swipe in and out, pre-loaded cards for spending at bar / cafe etc.

We think what was formally used as a creche could be a safe distanced spin studio enabling the gym equipment to be spread out more. We may have to give up a squash court depending on depending for a gym space if social distancing requires it.

Anyway, the good news is, after 01 September the club will be in charity ownership with representative trustees from various aspects of the club.

Excellent news

Mrs Wz has just read me the same statement a few minutes ago off her phone and I was just about to post it here, well done and good luck to all :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does this mean the physios will be re-instated?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

GVC, the holding company of Coral Ladbroke has agreed a lease arrangement with an interested party, who in conjunction with Ben Hutton the coach, and a few other parties (including myself :D) have been behind the formation of a charity entity that will rename the club to The Orchard Club, or Orchard Health and Rackets or something.

The next steps will be getting the club Covid-ready, and we have to establish a whole new membership database. We're hoping for a more streamline / online / monthly subscription, swipe in and out, pre-loaded cards for spending at bar / cafe etc.

We think what was formally used as a creche could be a safe distanced spin studio enabling the gym equipment to be spread out more. We may have to give up a squash court depending on depending for a gym space if social distancing requires it.

Anyway, the good news is, after 01 September the club will be in charity ownership with representative trustees from various aspects of the club.

This is fantastic news and thank you for posting.

Are you permitted to say how long the lease is for?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is fantastic news and thank you for posting.

Are you permitted to say how long the lease is for?

A bit sensitive while contracts are being prepared and signed. I've sent you a confidential PM. As the land owner I don't think GVC want to commit to a long term fixed commitment, this is probably common knowledge, but a flexible approach is what they're after which may well suit all parties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty sure Tim is doing treatments from home, but yes, treatment room would be available to be used by him again. I can PM you his number if you want to book an appointment.

I have his details; reason I asked is that I recently used his services via online and, after the proper business, we had a brief chat about Corals and his situation. He’s a nice guy, knows his stuff and I’m pleased it seems things might work out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Any more news on this BS ? Ask as Mrs WS is having a right spat with Freedom Leisure at the moment ( and I have to say with good cause - they really are utterly useless and employ the most gormless people ) so she's looking for a new gym.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any more news on this BS ? Ask as Mrs WS is having a right spat with Freedom Leisure at the moment ( and I have to say with good cause - they really are utterly useless and employ the most gormless people ) so she's looking for a new gym.

Just been in this morning to discuss Covid measures and some alteration / decoration works. Still all set for opening on 01 September. Website will hopefully be up and running this week, with the ability to register interest and with prices and membership structure.

The hope is as restrictions allow they'll set up a nice coffee lounge area by the bar, bar will open as before but with more of a health food / drink offering. Big change will be what was the creche being converted to a dedicated spin class room that will allow a bit more space in the gym.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
New website up and running!

https://www.hovefitnessandsquash.com/

Matt Lambert will head up Gym and PT, Lucy Egan will head up all the classes, and Ben Hutton will lead on all rackets. So it is going to be really member led, with a shared leadership team representing all aspects of the club.

Could be exciting times ahead with more crossover for members, easy payment and automatic booking and entry.

Please fill out the questionaire on the website if you are interested as feedback is going to be very valuable.

Targeting a mid Sept. opening.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
New website up and running!

https://www.hovefitnessandsquash.com/

Matt Lambert will head up Gym and PT, Lucy Egan will head up all the classes, and Ben Hutton will lead on all rackets. So it is going to be really member led, with a shared leadership team representing all aspects of the club.

Could be exciting times ahead with more crossover for members, easy payment and automatic booking and entry.

Please fill out the questionaire on the website if you are interested as feedback is going to be very valuable.

Targeting a mid Sept. opening.

Nice lad Matt from Hove Hornets. Us NSC running lads we’re too strong for his team at The Weakest Link Relays a few years back as he tried to get his team to chase us down in vain.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could I ask a MOD to change the thread title to: Hove Fitness & Squash Club [formerly Corals]

I've posted the website link above, anyone else interested in seeing whether the new club will be for them, there is also a Facebook page called 'Hove Fitness & Squash', and a group called 'Hove Fitness & Squash Club'.

This is no longer a big corporate enterprise, it is now a local individual business run by three local instructors and coaches. They are financed initially by a couple of generous donations by members who love the club and don't want to see it disappear. In due course membership packages will be announced, and potential pledge options too.

If you are wondering what to do with your leisure and fitness options going forward, please give this new club a look. Think it's going to be even better than before with a healthy social vibe, looking to make the bar even better, a bit of food and coffees and things too. Make it a social club as much as a health and fitness one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could I ask a MOD to change the thread title to: Hove Fitness & Squash Club [formerly Corals]

I've posted the website link above, anyone else interested in seeing whether the new club will be for them, there is also a Facebook page called 'Hove Fitness & Squash', and a group called 'Hove Fitness & Squash Club'.

This is no longer a big corporate enterprise, it is now a local individual business run by three local instructors and coaches. They are financed initially by a couple of generous donations by members who love the club and don't want to see it disappear. In due course membership packages will be announced, and potential pledge options too.

If you are wondering what to do with your leisure and fitness options going forward, please give this new club a look. Think it's going to be even better than before with a healthy social vibe, looking to make the bar even better, a bit of food and coffees and things too. Make it a social club as much as a health and fitness one.

Done.

Is the sports injury clinic staying?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any new gym equipment or off peak gym rates?

Good luck

Only what has been announced on the website so far, and yes monthly rates [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]. :thumbsup:

No planned equipment purchases at present. The primary goal is to get the club safely open again. If membership numbers and things start to look more certain, then upgrades and further improvements will definitely be on the agenda.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Only what has been announced on the website so far, and yes monthly rates [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]. :thumbsup:

No planned equipment purchases at present. The primary goal is to get the club safely open again. If membership numbers and things start to look more certain, then upgrades and further improvements will definitely be on the agenda.

Is Ty Paul coming back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CLUB OPENS TOMORROW!

Memberships available from here with 10% discount for early sign up: https://www.hovefitnessandsquash.com

Ben, Matt & Lucy and a team of volunteers have worked incredibly hard to make the club safe. John and Jackie will be running the bar and coffee shop, which will have a full range of coffees and cakes!

I’m already booked in for a 11am game of racketball on the opening day tomorrow. Going to be really good, a bigger community fell than its had before and more crossover between gym, classes and squash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here