Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC season card holders

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Hi all, I just want to enquire what BHAFC are doing about the rest of the season and the renewing of season tickets for 20/21?
[tweet]1268171136325599232[/tweet]

Are you asking because of this??
Very poor from Sunderland, surely it can't even be legal.
Brighton have refunded all STH for games that will take place behind closed doors or subtracted the money from 20/21 payments.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Have you not got email ? Have you spent the last few weeks on Mars ?

I’m guessing by his username and avatar that he’s a Sunderland fan so might not have received an email from the club (BHAFC) and be unaware of what the Albion’s policy is on S/T refunds.

I’ll also guess this is in the context of reports that Sunderland are not refunding tickets for home matches for the remainder of this season.

I stand to be corrected.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hi all, I just want to enquire what BHAFC are doing about the rest of the season and the renewing of season tickets for 20/21?

We are using the season ticket money to trademark the name Albion :wink:

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
https://twitter.com/LMc10_SAFC/status/1268171136325599232?s=09
Are you asking because of this??
Very poor from Sunderland, surely it can't even be legal.
Brighton have refunded all STH for games that will take place behind closed doors or subtracted the money from 20/21 payments.
Yes I am, we are being shafted all they are offering if we renew is dodgy quality match stream if we can't go to the match. Still undecided whether to cancel my DD, this could be catastrophic for the club as looks like thousands will.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1268171136325599232[/tweet]

That isn't on, it's not going to popular with fans, way to piss off your fanbase Sunderland. I also think it could be easily challenged in court as a season ticket is access to attend a game live, a streaming ticket is totally different and not what was sold. Sunderland must be on some very dodgy ground here. Have Sunderland already started taking payment for next season if so they've certainly changed the T&C's of what is being sold.

Last edited:

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I see the Sunderland plan hasn't gone down well on social media and rightfully so.
As others have stated surely it can't even be legal.
I would definitely be cancelling my direct debit if Brighton had adopted these measures.

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LMc10_SAFC/status/1268171136325599232?s=20[/tweet]

That isn't on, it's not going to popular with fans, way to piss off your fanbase Sunderland. I also think it could be easily challenged in court as a season ticket is access to attend a game live, a streaming ticket is totally different and not what was sold. Sunderland must be on some very dodgy ground here. Have Sunderland already started taking payment for next season if so they've certainly changed the T&C's of what is being sold.

They start taking DD payments on the 1st July, some have paid for the whole season already. Say a family of 2 adults and 2 children would be paying roughly a £1000 for their season cards so they get a stream or do you cancel and pay £10.00 per stream, not rocket science and it is home games only.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see the Sunderland plan hasn't gone down well on social media and rightfully so.
As others have stated surely it can't even be legal.
I would definitely be cancelling my direct debit if Brighton had adopted these measures.

I’d feel in a quandary, as we wouldn’t want to give away the seats we have in the NS, that tick all the boxes for us. Within 18 months we will hopefully be back to fully open stadia, with years of attending to come.

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
The only concession if we cancel is we don't lose our seat if we renew sometime next season, with a part season card which will encourage more to not renew. As the lower leagues income relies mostly on ticket sales I see very dark times for my club not unlike what Albion fans went through in the 90's, just wish we had an owner more like yours. Thanks for the sensible replies I wish BHAFC all the success in the future, well I do live here.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The only concession if we cancel is we don't lose our seat if we renew sometime next season, with a part season card which will encourage more to not renew. As the lower leagues income relies mostly on ticket sales I see very dark times for my club not unlike what Albion fans went through in the 90's, just wish we had an owner more like yours. Thanks for the sensible replies I wish BHAFC all the success in the future, well I do live here.

So the part about them letting you cancel without penalty is better than us. Our terms state clearly that renewal ties you in for the full amount and term.

I personally am struggling financially - wife self employed but not long enough to claim anything on any gov scheme and also not able to work due to social distancing rules - so I need to cancel but can’t.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sunderland are a huge club and yet they are a complete basket case. That no-money-back streaming idea is an absolute disgrace and as others have said, surely cannot be legal.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
So the part about them letting you cancel without penalty is better than us. Our terms state clearly that renewal ties you in for the full amount and term.

I personally am struggling financially - wife self employed but not long enough to claim anything on any gov scheme and also not able to work due to social distancing rules - so I need to cancel but can’t.
Would make sense if Brighton adopted this until it is known when fans can attend games again.
Suspend payments until crowds are allowed in rather than take take the money then have to refund it or take it off 21/22 payments.
Games going ahead behind closed doors demonstrates to me that the Premier League clubs do not need to solely rely on ticket money etc with the rewards on offer from the broadcasting deals.
Would ensure that the money remains with the supporters to spend on what they need during this crisis rather than spend it on a seat at the Amex that they cannot use for the foreseeable future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Going back to your original question...

- For the remainder of the 2019/20 season we are being refunded, which we can either take off our 2020/21 season ticket (most of us pay monthly and have already started paying for next season), gift to charity of waive. A small number of people will have paid a lump sum in advance, I'm assuming they will have to have a cash refund, if chosen.

- For the 2020/21 season, we have no news on what will happen if, as you'd expect, we are unable to attend some if not all of the fixtures.

There are clearly significantly different economics involved for Premier League clubs, and there's no guarantee we'll be one anyway. I can understand a lot of fans will want cash back if they can't attend in person, but as you intimate, this could be disastrous for the club they hold dear. Tough one.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The streaming season ticket seems to being adopted by the Scottish Premiership clubs.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11999602/scottish-premiership-set-for-august-return-with-new-sky-sports-deal

Clearly if the Albion decided to go down this route I wouldn't expect many would be happy matchday prices for a stream of the game, which is even more expensive if you go with family members or friends who would watch the game together at home.

If the club were to retain £10 per game and provide the stream and refund the balance of the ST would this be more acceptable?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

You did rather ask for the joke replies by not making 100% obvious you're a Sunderland fan asking about your club. Get the feeling your club is calling your bluff but as many have said surely they are on a sticky wicket legally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here