Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s released / new deals

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
There must be a lot of faith that Kipras Kazukolovas is going to be the real deal, considering he has been injured for almost all of the last two seasons. Hopefully this year he finally gets the chance to prove himself. Congrats to all the other lads who have been offered new deals as well.

Sorry to hear about Bojan, Jordan, Archie, Lewis, Hugo and Kacper. Hope they can all find new clubs, all seem to have the ability to carve out a career in football. Every year the quality of those we let go is slightly higher than the previous, but unfortunately there were just too many players between these lads and the first team, and with most of them now around 21/22, they need to be playing men’s football.

Hope to see a few good quality loans next season for the likes of Cochrane, Gwargis, O’Hora and Yapi amongst others as the next step in their development.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
One wonders if, in another year, they might have received extensions and then been sold away rather than released? A first taste of the effects of Covid-19 on the transfer market?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best of luck to all of those released. Congrats to those retained and good luck on those loan spells next season.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We only managed a few games watching the U23s last season but Longman really stood out , wouldn't suprise me at all if he was loaned out to a league 1 club next season ( if there is one ) for further development .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I liked the look of Archie Davies but I assume the arrival of Tarik Lamptey spelled the end of his Albion chances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought Bojan Radulovic was scoring for fun?

Yes, I was surprised to see him go too - thought he was a prospect. Wonder whether #Schmunk has called it right, and in any other season and he'd have had an extended contract and a loan-to-buy deal somewhere..

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes, I was surprised to see him go too - thought he was a prospect. Wonder whether #Schmunk has called it right, and in any other season and he'd have had an extended contract and a loan-to-buy deal somewhere..

He never really reached the levels of Gyokeres or Connolly. Although those two are probably the standout strikers to come through our academy in the last decade.

Bojan was signed from a Spanish club a couple of years ago and since then has had two separate loan periods back to Spain. Possibly it could be something to do with not settling in England?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I thought Bojan Radulovic was scoring for fun?

I suppose he was competing with Cashman and Longman for the 2 striker places and he was the one that missed out. I'm sure he'll do ok

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
8 EPL2 goals from 22 appearances is pretty good, a better strike rate than Cashman for example.

You have to trust the club on this one. They don’t often let a gem leave.

He is two years older than Cashman, though (and one year older than Longman)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here