NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20160707_allhousesredux.png

687868.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
But has he, the fact there are racists in all walks of life, in all countries is undeniable, but the reality and goal of the movement should surely be that everyone be seen as being the same, irrespective of colour, and not because they are black

Yes, he has. The point of the movement isn’t to claim black lives matter more than others. It’s simply pointing out that black people's lives are relatively undervalued in the US — and more likely to be ended by police — and the country needs to recognise that inequity to bring an end to it.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Yes, he has. The point of the movement isn’t to claim black lives matter more than others. It’s simply pointing out that black people's lives are relatively undervalued in the US — and more likely to be ended by police — and the country needs to recognise that inequity to bring an end to it.

I think that most black people's lives in America are more likely to be ended by other black people statistically. I agree that the copper is a psycho scumball who deserves all the anger and hatred he is getting. Do you as a white person ( I am assuming that you are) feel like you are complicit in holding back black people? If you do what are you going to do to rectify that?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think that most black people's lives in America are more likely to be ended by other black people statistically. I agree that the copper is a psycho scumball who deserves all the anger and hatred he is getting. Do you as a white person ( I am assuming that you are) feel like you are complicit in holding back black people? If you do what are you going to do to rectify that?

If it was one psycho copper then it would be a different story. But that’s not the case. America has a long history of police officers targeting and killing black people. It also has a huge problem with race in general. Unfortunately, it shows no sign of improving. Having a president who emboldens the far right further exacerbates the issue.

As a straight, white, middle class man, I acknowledge that I have been lucky to have never experience prejudice. I also acknowledge that I have benefited from the systemic racism within society. How do I go about rectifying it? I’m a teacher therefore I’m in a position to educate young people, not only in current affairs, but also in history. We also teach about the rights of the child. Children need to know they have the right to be respected regardless of the colour of their skin, but also have the responsibility to reciprocate that respect. Teaching children empathy is the single biggest thing I feel I can do.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Most murdered women are murdered by their partner.

And yet they go on about sexism in the workplace?

I do find it very hard to understand how the minds of some people work :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I wouldn't say complicit exactly but I have benefitted from the inequality between black and white. I will continue to do the small things in my power to try and rectify things. I acknowledge the need for the #blacklivesmatter movement and acknowledge many of the issues facing black people today. I also teach my kids acceptance, tolerance and empathy and not to judge others. I am also a teacher so I try to inform my students about current issues.

Why what are you doing?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What happened to the bloke who could always be guaranteed to come on a thread like this and accuse it of virtue signaling? ???

We have been listening to the radio today and wondering whether there might be something in the air. Sadly I doubt it. Still, it seems like a good thing to talk. Listening to Colin Murray now....very interesting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What happened to the bloke who could always be guaranteed to come on a thread like this and accuse it of virtue signaling? ???

We have been listening to the radio today and wondering whether there might be something in the air. Sadly I doubt it. Still, it seems like a good thing to talk. Listening to Colin Murray now....very interesting.
Ah yes, virtue signalling by accusing others of virtue signalling. It's all very ironic....

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I wouldn't say complicit exactly but I have benefitted from the inequality between black and white. I will continue to do the small things in my power to try and rectify things. I acknowledge the need for the #blacklivesmatter movement and acknowledge many of the issues facing black people today. I also teach my kids acceptance, tolerance and empathy and not to judge others. I am also a teacher so I try to inform my students about current issues.

Why what are you doing?

I am treating all people I meet as I find them. I think that's enough. I teach my child to do the same. I think that America has the massive problem of the hangover of slavery also they are generally more likely to own and use guns.. I don't think their race problems mirror ours in the UK. Theirs is a way more divisive society and that is sad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here