Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have evidence of that ?

I just want to start work again. It's a job I really enjoy. But I may be losing it at the end of July as my line of work is the last to start again- if at all for some considerable period of time.

How I'm going to find another job in any reasonable time is beyond me. It took months to get this one.

So it's no joy. Actually, I've been utterly depressed at times.

Loads of people go back on June 15th. I stay here with the four walls.
    I'm still on 100% income but working at home and finding it quite difficult. I have neither the mobility, the assumption of invulnerability of the youth nor the sense of entitlement of a Cummings to find this pleasurable. I think we have the right to comment dismissively only on our own elevated circumstances, if our circumstances are elevated, in this situation. Otherwise, for the nature of my reply to the dismissive, see Pressdram vs Arkell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Correct, The North Korean Rungrado May Day Stadium in Pyongyang is largest. It holds somewhere between 114000 and 150000 people depending on who you believe.
      well wouldnt beleive anyone from North Korea, so should be struck out.

interesting looking up the largest stadiums, top 10 filled mostly by college American Football stadiums, over 100k capacities. who'd have thought.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      I work from home but genuinely WORK.....if your furloughed you should be doing something constructive not sitting on your arse watching daytime TV, you never going to get this much paid leave again.
      You do if you retired on a decent pension
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      interesting looking up the largest stadiums, top 10 filled mostly by college American Football stadiums, over 100k capacities. who'd have thought.
      Well, if you had a team that a lot of people wanted to watch and you didn't even have to pay the players (officially, anyway) wouldn't you want 100k paying customers per game? Kerching!

There's a reason the Clemson Tigers could afford to throw money at a mini golf course to keep a player happy.

Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

0 Not allowed!
      Talking of quiz questions reminds me of the great Jim Bowen....." In what city in America was President Kennedy assassinated in...in Dallas, Texas ".
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      My favourite Tipping Point question:

Ben: Name the only country in the world that begins with the letter 'Q'?

Contestant: Kuwait
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      I work from home but genuinely WORK.....if your furloughed you should be doing something constructive not sitting on your arse watching daytime TV, you never going to get this much paid leave again.

4pm is hardly daytime tv. I go to work about 4.30am and get home about 3.00 - 3.30 ish. That time is approaching teatime for me. Its time for a cuppa and Minder or Salvage Hunters or Tipping Point or the daily government briefing! I guess if you are not starting work at home until 9.00 - 10.00 then you are probably still working at 4.00pm. I couldn't give a toss about people sitting at home doing nothing on 80% money apart from when they start on about how desperate they are FOR A HOLIDAY!!!
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      Talking of quiz questions reminds me of the great Jim Bowen....." In what city in America was President Kennedy assassinated in...in Dallas, Texas ".
      Can't remember which show, but I saw one a while ago that went....

Question: Who was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas?

Contestant: JR
      Be dangerous. It's careful out there

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      You have evidence of that ?

I just want to start work again. It's a job I really enjoy. But I may be losing it at the end of July as my line of work is the last to start again- if at all for some considerable period of time.

How I'm going to find another job in any reasonable time is beyond me. It took months to get this one.

So it's no joy. Actually, I've been utterly depressed at times.

Loads of people go back on June 15th. I stay here with the four walls.
      A few people I know have indicated very much that......similarly those working from home are hoping they can do so for as long as possible - but also conscious not everyone will feel the same. Hope things work out.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"