Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ministers 'Consider Relaxing UK Travel Quantinine'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As reported on BBC today.

Sorry, but we never had any quarantine to 'relax' in the first place. When Northern Italy went into lockdown, there were half a dozen flights a day from there into LGW, 20 a day into UK overall, with ZERO checks carried out on those arriving. What's to 'relax'? ???

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

Sorry, but we never had any quarantine to 'relax' in the first place. When Northern Italy went into lockdown, there were half a dozen flights a day from there into LGW, 20 a day into UK overall, with ZERO checks carried out on those arriving. What's to 'relax'? ???

It's like an alternative universe, isn't it? Plan to put in quarantine measure 12 weeks too late, announce 2 weeks ago that you are putting them in place on June 8th, and then on June 2nd talk about relaxing the restrictions. Do they even listen to themselves?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Doing it now was just plain weird about 14 weeks after we told our own citizens not to travel to China. If somewhere else gets a second spike should consider this on a country by country basis

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Totally counter intuitive. As OP says we gaily let all flights in from Milan until we were overwhelmed and now we're shutting down when the rest of the world is opening up on a selective (air bridge) basis. I can't even begin to think how they come up with this stuff

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Certainly not ones sphincter, if we get another spike :nono:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's almost like the country's being run by an idiot with the attention to detail of a gnat on whizz.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

This is all about the message. Some of the countries who have managed their infection rates for now to close to zero, are talking about restriction free travel within their select group. We will not be included right now for obvious reasons and thus can blame Europe, jealousy, foreigners etc, rather than our infection control measures. I really hope we get there soon and can join the club, but by the same token, I am going nowhere near an planes or airports for the foreseeable future.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
still convinced they only want to do this to tick the box.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
still convinced they only want to do this to tick the box.

Yup. Credit to Patel as her natural instinct had her banging down Boris’ door months ago to close the borders and introduce quarantine. Her desperate squeals fell on deaf swine ears as the bloody liberal economist metaphorically bent the Country over and took thousands of shots of Coronavirus to the ass.

Priti’s little box will be ticked for a month or so which should hopefully shut her up as far as the Cockroach King is concerned.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You must think had we gone for the Australia/NZ quarantine plan early on - where would we be now? We’d be stuck unable to open our borders until there is a treatment of some kind, we are home to the worlds busiest airport and are the 3rd busiest aviation hub in the world. It probably would have reduced spread early on I agree and this may have saved lives, nobody knows how prevalent the disease was in late February so it’s difficult to say.

I’m not saying we should introduce these now by the way it’s total and utter garbage, particularly if the ‘science’ advised that it wasn’t needed in March during peak infection phase, why on Earth could it possibly be needed now? Very strange.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maybe we'd be like Greece who also locked down tight and early. Now they are opening their borders, including to the UK. Not shut at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nternational-flights-1-july-coronavirus-tests

Yeah I’m not saying either way it’s very difficult to say and until all is said and done I don’t think it’s clear what country has done ‘well’, hopefully the virus is dying out but if it isn’t opening up a country relatively unexposed to the virus could surely end very badly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here