Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? June edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Good

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As before, I'm making the assumption that we are talking Government rather than Boris Johnson personally.

So new Poll, same options.

April Poll

NscPoll.jpg

May Poll

NscPoll2.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The main recent "highlight" I suppose has been the Cummings affair, so if you think he handled that well, you might revise your mark up, and if you think he handled it poorly then revise your mark down.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In the last month, Boris has looked like a proper statesman with a good grasp of complexity and a feel for the public mood .... if you compare him to Trump. If you compare him to almost any other politician past or present, he's looked like a lying, lazy bumbling moron, for some reason in hock to an equally lying, lazy and stupid special adviser.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good work Watford....

Think the rallying around the flag thing has evaporated, most people have stopped kidding themselves.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There will no longer be any weekend tv press conferences - pre-recorded or live - because the ratings/viewing figures are too poor.

So my vote when I can be bothered to log on to the desktop site would be for very poor/utter shithouse.

No doubt the press conference saturation was only ever because someone suggested it would help crystallise the goodwill generated during the beginning of the hoodwinking, sorry crisis management.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I am agnostic, but you look at the two shambolic, bumbling idiots in charge of two economic giants in the West and then throw in Covid 19.....if not maybe a God, but perhaps the Devil himself is having some fun.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I am agnostic, but you look at the two shambolic, bumbling idiots in charge of two economic giants in the West and then throw in Covid 19.....if not maybe a God, but perhaps the Devil himself is having some fun.

I'm not blaming the devil. It wasn't him that put Boris and Donald where they are.

If there's one political phrase I believe to be true it's that you get the politicians you deserve. Johnson is PM because millions and millions saw fit to elect him. As a nation, (possibly not you or I or the majority on NSC) we deserve the pain we're going through.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My view at the start especially after his about turn once herd immunity was brought into question I thought showed an ability to change tact when needed however since then it's been a mess falsehoods over numbers being tested, Prithi Patel showing all the lack of empathy we have come to expect from Tories, Cummings, all the lies from all the Tories supporting Cummings and not the easing of lockdown which overnight appears to have become a flood, I now think the Government which said herd immunity was now not the way forward has instead become the new way without telling us

Poor - I can't go very poor because their furlough scheme has kept me in a job, I know I keep repeating myself on that, but it's meant a great deal to me.

It would have been average or even good, however, over the last 3-4 weeks, its now gone to shit. I just can't unite behind them anymore, even though I have been.

For our own stats departments/companies who work for the Government and the British Medical Association/Journal to come out and both publicly accuse the Government of lieing/falsifying facts is unbelievably shocking. What a shit time to be making false statements and plucking numbers out of thin air to make themselves look good and to justify their shit organisation on the testing, right in the middle of a global pandemic crisis.

They are acting too late on many things, had they acted sooner, they would have been doing a pretty OK job, but by lying and playing around with the facts is utterly disgusting and has cost lives, NO QUESTION. Scientists back this up.

As for Dominic Cummings, what a ****. I cannot fathom how angry this must have made those who have given up everything to fight this disease. It infuriated me and I've been pretty lucky so far during this shit show. No ones perfect, particularly me, but what he did, as someone in his position during this crisis, is unbelievably selfish, arrogant and a National embarrassment, no wonder other countries are laughing at us.

How dare he think he's above everyone else, particularly when he's a political ****ing advisor. He'll be the end of Bojo, I can see it. Bojo cannot live without him, hence backing the lieing ****. Kier Starmer is finally looking like decent opposition to the Tories and Johnson seems to struggle when he questions him, because he gets shown up as an idiot.

It's been economy before lives, for the last 4 weeks now, it's so obvious and due to this, people seem to think it's over and it isn't. Doesn't help with DC doing as he pleases either.

Had the cummings gate not Happened, I'd have been OK with their handling. Also, some of the policies they've been passing through parliament sneakily during this, without public scrutiny worries me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How could I have ever thought he was doing okay? Of course he was going to **** it up. Of course an incident like Cummings' revolting disregard for the rules and for the people was going to happen. Of course Johnson was going to support his lies. All of that was a given in some form or other. But...to have the 2nd highest death toll in the world is insane. An island that can count itself among the richest, most highly developed nations on earth. An island with one of the most advanced health services in the world, with some of the best scientific minds and research centres the planet has ever seen. And we have THE 2nd HIGHEST DEATH TOLL IN THE WORLD.

We had all the advantages: early warning, we are an island, the independence from the EU to make our own decisions, medical knowledge, research facilities, very few airports. We should have been all over this.

We weren't. So we have to look for the weakest link in the chain. And that's the Tory party I'm afraid. The Tory party, specifically Johnson and his aides, like Cummings. Between this and Brexit the Tory party and Cummings have done irreparable damage to this once great nation. Shame on them. Shame.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find it hard to rate his performance as I'm not entirely sure how much he really is handling it. The machine seems to have a number of operators.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Personally if someone close had died before their time of covid I would be wanting to do a Guy Fawkes. Shambolic strategy yes they gave out a few quid nowhere near 2008 levels to prop up the banks though. As always they have looked after themselves first people second.

It definitely will not be business as usual when covid has left us which they seem to think it will. We are in for a rocky ride and this lot will f.uck the recovery up to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here