Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? June edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Good

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Let's start from the fair assumption that they probably got some things wrong (unless the policy objective really was to have 60K+ excess deaths).

Here are some candidates

- Johnson's shaking hands with Covid victims
- late lockdown
- farce on PPE
- policy on care homes
- underprepared NHS/negligent strategic planning
- the Cummings affair
- the tracking app shambles
- poor messaging
- late implementation of quarantine
- Johnson constant over hyping of our capabilities (world beating this; world class that)

TBH it's hard to locate anything that went right? Surely this will go down as the most single disastrous mismanagement by a government in recent history?

Did OK with the Nightingale Hospitals to be fair, that avoided a 0/10 for me

Damage is done now, we ease and hope for the best. The public I'm sure will continue on the whole to be very responsible despite being let down badly

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I doubt that many that were in pubs, offices etc. to be honest.

Sorry, I should have said, how many people were infected as a result of the weak advice to “avoid”. When the R rate was running at around 3 those very places were a breeding ground for infection. Just 6 days later came the lockdown, so in my eyes at least one week too late.

Add to that the government’s failure to ban mass gatherings and you have all the hallmarks of a government paralysed by the fear of damaged economics over health.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No idea what you mean ... as you know I am nearly always impartial and hate to indulge in partisan point-scoring nonsense :wink:

Well I have noticed that you hardly ever score a partisan point these days, but I think that's far more about opportunity than intention :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Did OK with the Nightingale Hospitals to be fair, that avoided a 0/10 for me

Damage is done now, we ease and hope for the best. The public I'm sure will continue on the whole to be very responsible despite being let down badly

I agree with the Nightingales despite their non-/limited-use. I'd also throw in:
-- the furlough, and wider economic measures (Sunak's problem will be in dealing with the aftermath, and I'll probably turn against him at this point)
-- much of the messaging bringing in lockdown was clear and helped orient the wider public, especially 'Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree with the Nightingales despite their non-/limited-use. I'd also throw in:
-- the furlough, and wider economic measures (Sunak's problem will be in dealing with the aftermath, and I'll probably turn against him at this point)
-- much of the messaging bringing in lockdown was clear and helped orient the wider public, especially 'Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives'.

In the case of Sunak if you can't be popular spending a few hundred billion you'll never be popular. The jury is out for me on him, tough times ahead and he needs to help the right people

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In the case of Sunak if you can't be popular spending a few hundred billion you'll never be popular. The jury is out for me on him, tough times ahead and he needs to help the right people

Agreed, he's done the easy bit well, but it is just the easy bit. When the shit hits the fan that'll be when we see whether he's a serious prospect or just another empty suit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here