Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Professor Karel Sikora

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He was very positive on the q and a yesterday but was cut down by that miserable red haired gp, far too positive

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
55 Tufton Street is an address in London which is home to several extremely secretive and seemingly dodgily-funded "think tanks" which have an extraordinarily out-sized influence over No.10, not least because they ran (and bankrolled) Vote Leave and gave prominence to the likes of Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings. Sikora it appears has connections. It's interesting that these groups have been among the most vociferous for easing lockdown quickly and Sikora has been among those trying to tell people that everything's grand.

Oh, ta for that. Is that the one where the IEA, Adam Smith Institute, Policy Exchange, etc are based? If so, what's extraordinary is that they all came out against austerity as a response to easing out of the lockdown on mass. It's almost as if they're co-ordinated. My guess is it's either the Koch brothers or Robert Mercer.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh, ta for that. Is that the one where the IEA, Adam Smith Institute, Policy Exchange, etc are based? If so, what's extraordinary is that they all came out against austerity as a response to easing out of the lockdown on mass. It's almost as if they're co-ordinated. My guess is it's either the Koch brothers or Robert Mercer.

The very same. Unfortunately it's impossible to know who is behind them as they refuse to say and obviously it suits the interest of the Government not to ask.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The very same. Unfortunately it's impossible to know who is behind them as they refuse to say and obviously it suits the interest of the Government not to ask.

Oh, and there I was thinking that they were all for transparency. They've said as much themselves.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So it seems our professor has made some people on this forum look, well, rather quite foolish, frankly.

How come. Surely it's all about opinions and I'd rather enjoy his positive outlook than your negative millions are going to die before july in the uk meanderings. The reality is as always somewhere in between the positive and the negative but whatever you may think of him his publishing of various stats throughout this has been a beacon of hope to many and thus a positive impact on their mental health

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
How come. Surely it's all about opinions and I'd rather enjoy his positive outlook than your negative millions are going to die before july in the uk meanderings. The reality is as always somewhere in between the positive and the negative but whatever you may think of him his publishing of various stats throughout this has been a beacon of hope to many and thus a positive impact on their mental health

I don't think I ever said by July, now did I. I said millions would die if we didn't act, and I still stand by that. I think my predictions were probably alot closer then your own. If I remeber rightly, you were one of the "its just a cold" mob.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't think I ever said by July, now did I. I said millions would die if we didn't act, and I still stand by that. I think my predictions were probably alot closer then your own. If I remeber rightly, you were one of the "its just a cold" mob.

I said july just as a throwaway comment for which I apologise . I look forward to you finding my it's just a cold comment cos I'm pretty certain I never said it so I look forward to you retracting that statement

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh, and there I was thinking that they were all for transparency. They've said as much themselves.

In much the same way as the Taxpayers Alliance keeping strangely quiet about the money wasted on that "Get Ready For Brexit" campaign last year, it's a real puzzler. Anyway, we're going off-topic now...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It is worth having a quick run through this twitter feed.

During the covid19 crisis 'the positive professor' Karol Sikora, CMO of Rutherford Cancer Centres, has been promoting his private interests

https://twitter.com/drbenwhite/status/1274645903056539648

Personally I don't see anything wrong in what he is doing and I share many of his concerns about the drop off in cancer diagnosis and treatment. It does though help to maintain a healthy cynicism if you can see the link.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The data's not wrong. Excavating good news from it, on the other hand ...

One of the only voices going that way instead of excavating misleading bad news from it. Rather than concentrating on what he isnt. He is a Doctor, he is an oncologist and he is right in reporting that people have been scared to get checked up on cancer. This would ultimately kill more people through fear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here