NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1271011004382576641[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1271009104216109056[/TWEET]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't understand the criticism of speculating that the numbers are padded? There has been plenty of anecdotal evidence of GPs and Doctors being pressured to record all deaths as Covid-19 in all circumstances, I find it hard to believe the numbers being reported. It's easier to control the public narrative with higher/more shocking numbers of tests and deaths. Which is why tests are reported as often as 3 per person, without making that clear in the daily reporting of the figures. The deathcount without question includes people who were already seriously ill. That isn't to say their loss was inevitable, every death is sad for those impacted by it. But who is to say that Covid-19 was the element which caused the death as opposed to being one of many contributing factors?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
His previous support of a private hospital system has made him a lot of enemies. There's an army of people on Twitter waiting for him to slip up and try and discredit anything he says.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There is a certain irony that he wasn't so positive when he deemed the Lockerbie bomber only had 3 months left to live.

An absolute shameless charlatan.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’m not sure why people pay him any attention. This isn’t his area of expertise and he has a history of making stuff up. Best ignored I would think.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You and I are back in full agreement. Could we also agree that despite both being highly qualified in their field, they're both a bunch of charlatans?

Oh go on then, I'll re-quote myself: Sikora is a charlatan. I've still no idea why he's considered the oracle on CV19.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
His previous support of a private hospital system has made him a lot of enemies. There's an army of people on Twitter waiting for him to slip up and try and discredit anything he says.

Of course he's a **** for supporting a private hospital system, because there's one across the pond that costs twice as much as what we've got and yet is about half as good (which, admittedly, is somewhat difficult to substantiate, so I'll just ask you to focus on life expectancy there and here).
I really don't follow what he says, but he seems to think he's the font of all knowledge about CV19 and, disappointingly, a whole host of people in search of a good news story can't help but snaffle some more of his elixir.

Jimmy Grimble

Of course he's a **** for supporting a private hospital system, because there's one across the pond that costs twice as much as what we've got and yet is about half as good (which, admittedly, is somewhat difficult to substantiate, so I'll just ask you to focus on life expectancy there and here).
I really don't follow what he says, but he seems to think he's the font of all knowledge about CV19 and, disappointingly, a whole host of people in search of a good news story can't help but snaffle some more of his elixir.

I’m with this. I enjoy the contributions to good news thread but have to skip past any post that includes one of his tweets. Especially since he’s started to be referred to as just ‘the prof’ like some superior fountain of knowledge. :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm not going to say "nah man he is the shit"... but to me it seems like it's really his fanboys believing that he is the "font of all knowledge". When reading his Twitter he just seems like... some dude. A random human being with random opinions and perspectives, just getting weird amounts of attention because he is easy to understand and quite calm in how he expresses himself.

In the heated debate on whether he is Satans assistant manager or Jesus 2.0, I'm leaning towards "he is a person."

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1272625988514562052[/TWEET]

I had no idea he was one of the Tufton Street lot. I know he's a staple of the "good news" thread but perhaps people should focus more on actual good news rather than feel-good narratives.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[TWEET]1272625988514562052[/TWEET]

I had no idea he was one of the Tufton Street lot. I know he's a staple of the "good news" thread but perhaps people should focus more on actual good news rather than feel-good narratives.

1, "forget about politics, and follow the government" :lolol:
2, Tufton Street lot: que?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
2, Tufton Street lot: que?

55 Tufton Street is an address in London which is home to several extremely secretive and seemingly dodgily-funded "think tanks" which have an extraordinarily out-sized influence over No.10, not least because they ran (and bankrolled) Vote Leave and gave prominence to the likes of Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings. Sikora it appears has connections. It's interesting that these groups have been among the most vociferous for easing lockdown quickly and Sikora has been among those trying to tell people that everything's grand.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
55 Tufton Street is an address in London which is home to several extremely secretive and seemingly dodgily-funded "think tanks" which have an extraordinarily out-sized influence over No.10, not least because they ran (and bankrolled) Vote Leave and gave prominence to the likes of Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings. Sikora it appears has connections. It's interesting that these groups have been among the most vociferous for easing lockdown quickly and Sikora has been among those trying to tell people that everything's grand.

Sikora is also at Buckingham University (or Unversity as it is known in the industry), an establishment that is geared towards relieving students of their cash as quickly as possible, writing articles for The Sun and having an unusual attitude towards the duty of care towards 18-21 year old young women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1215503/Curvy-female-students-perk-job-says-Buckingham-University-chief-Dr-Terence-Kealey.html

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Follow what he says, he's not pretending to be anything, all he does is look at the trends. That's the mantra of the good news thread.

People just want to counter what he says with pointless whataboutery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here