Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Joe Exotic Loses Zoo to Carole Baskin In Court Ruling

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For the life of me I can’t see why this was so popular - I watched the first few episodes and did a bit of research and the animal cruelty involved is despicable. Then again I’m an animal lover so perhaps it’s just me as others seemed to enjoy it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
For the life of me I can’t see why this was so popular - I watched the first few episodes and did a bit of research and the animal cruelty involved is despicable. Then again I’m an animal lover so perhaps it’s just me as others seemed to enjoy it.

Because it was an incredibly watchable series. Also an animal lover but ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't and still doesn't happen.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Can't say I enjoyed it much either. Only so much 'Merica!! I can handle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't say I enjoyed it much either. Only so much 'Merica!! I can handle.

But Tiger King was first broadcast back in the considerably more innocent and rosy specced days of...

...checks notes...

..March!

As I'm now blond tips away from having a Joe Exotic hairstyle, I'm warming too him more - The freakin loon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very odd series that went all over the place and into FAR too much detail about some of the peripheral elements. That said, we watched it to the bitter end (including the post-show 'bonus' episode) just to see what happened, as opposed to being gripped by it.

Carole bloody Baskin though...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I think it was the perfect storm. Show of utter nutcases who were incredibly easy to meme & it came out just as lockdown started. I don’t think it would have been half as big if it had came out a year earlier.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it was the perfect storm. Show of utter nutcases who were incredibly easy to meme & it came out just as lockdown started. I don’t think it would have been half as big if it had came out a year earlier.

Agree, it was very watchable as you watched the principal character spiral more and more to extreme behaviour as he no doubt realised that his 'empire' was crumbling around him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1283023709876424705[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here