Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trademarking the name Albion, in specific sectors only, to prevent counterfeit merchandise

Trademarking the name Albion

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this a good or bad idea in your opinion?

Not a fan in any way personally

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yeah but this is a quick way of being able to gauge fans reaction and the percentages without reading an 8 page plus thread :shrug:

We are all very busy people at the moment :wink:

But surely better people understand what they are voting for instead of masking a false knee jerk reaction to a simplified headline

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But surely better people understand what they are voting for instead of masking a false knee jerk reaction to a simplified headline

You are on rather a high horse there, you think it’s a good idea, fine but others might have a different opinion. It doesn’t mean they are too thick to understand why the club are doing it.

There are enough options on the poll surely? It seems on current voting that the majority don’t actually care.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think we've got more important things to worry about

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
You are on rather a high horse there, you think it’s a good idea, fine but others might have a different opinion. It doesn’t mean they are too thick to understand why the club are doing it.

There are enough options on the poll surely? It seems on current voting that the majority don’t actually care.

I don't have a horse, I am suggesting people read the thread to find out what this is actually about and understanding and making their mind up based on fact ('cos they're not thick and are able to). On the contrary you seem obsessed with reducing this to a headline and suggesting people don't need to know the facts. Perhaps you don't want anyone to know what this is actually about.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think we've got more important things to worry about

quite. 101237733_10158277632223468_897991388585525248_n.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...nt-chaotic-europes-verdict-on-brexit-shambles

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't have a horse, I am suggesting people read the thread to find out what this is actually about and understanding and making their mind up based on fact ('cos they're not thick and are able to). On the contrary you seem obsessed with reducing this to a headline and suggesting people don't need to know the facts. Perhaps you don't want anyone to know what this is actually about.

You have your wish, HKFC has changed the thread title....

My main bone of contention is that the Albion sell mostly tat and they are striving to get a monopoly on it. If we sold quality goods I’d feel very differently :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

My main bone of contention is that the Albion sell mostly tat and they are striving to get a monopoly on it. If we sold quality goods I’d feel very differently :shrug:

That's something else entirely, I want to support the club by buying some merch, but as you say, its prime tat. A friend in Btn has a clothes shop in the Noth Laines and has produce made to a good quality and mostly locally. It's not impossible to do.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

There is a WAB thread on Facebook filled with comments along the lines of "What about West Brom/Burton Albion?!" - which is explained in the story, which suggests some didn't read beyond the headline.

On here, I explained that trademarks are relevant to specific areas of business, but people are wanging on about pubs etc.

I guess many of those are now voting for "embarrassing"...

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005

We all agree with you about the tat, but that is not what the trademarking is about.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure those criminals in the counterfeiting industry will think twice after this.

Well, there's a reason for "Premiership" rather than "Premier League" on shitty scarves...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here