Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Lockdown Stunt Plane

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
(sorry, this is mainly a question / observation, so to start can I ask this doesn't turn into a Shoreham Airshow binfest. But....)

.....has anyone else clocked the bloke doing aerobatics at weekends? Was on the downs on Saturday and there was a stunt plane doing all sorts of tricks I would reckon somewhere near Steyning. Then, yesterday there was a plane doing a loop the loop that we saw from our garden (probably in view of Hove beach but over the water?).

Anyone else noticed? Was it the same guy or are there a couple of them (plan looked different yesterday)? Is this practicing / showing off or keeping people entertained during lockdown? Have to say it made my kids' day both times.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've quite often seen a stunt plane over the Downs from up on Cissbury Ring over the past few years.

I've not seen one recently but, from home, I've certainly heard what sounds to be one a few times, but I was unable to see it. The changing note of the engine is quite distinctive.

It's quite a sight as you say.

(sorry, this is mainly a question / observation, so to start can I ask this doesn't turn into a Shoreham Airshow binfest. But....)

.....has anyone else clocked the bloke doing aerobatics at weekends? Was on the downs on Saturday and there was a stunt plane doing all sorts of tricks I would reckon somewhere near Steyning. Then, yesterday there was a plane doing a loop the loop that we saw from our garden (probably in view of Hove beach but over the water?).

Anyone else noticed? Was it the same guy or are there a couple of them (plan looked different yesterday)? Is this practicing / showing off or keeping people entertained during lockdown? Have to say it made my kids' day both times.

What colour was it? I work with someone who owns an Extra 300s which a is a very agile aerobatic aircraft and he lives locally and flies locally regularly also.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What colour was it? I work with someone who owns an Extra 300s which a is a very agile aerobatic aircraft and he lives locally and flies locally regularly also.

Saturday's was red. Yesterday's looked white but it was a long way away and we were looking into the sun.

We watched one performing on Band Holiday Monday over the sea off Cuckmere. Good view from the top of Seaford Head but difficult to tell much about details of the plane with the sun shining on it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yesterday sat on the beach mid afternoon probably about 3-4ish, level with Peter Pan, he did loop the loop and on Saturday in the same place he did that upside flip and flip back pretty cool.
A few years a go at West Wittering there was a similar kind of thing every now and again, pretty cool, not as cool as a low flying chinook helicopter along the beach, so cool just wanted him to start spraying the beach with a machine gun, would have been epic.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Boultbee Harvard was up over Storrington last week, very, very distinctive engine noise (air cooled radial) so with any luck they will have their Two Seater Spitfires going shortly (my 60th Birthday present but must get some more simulator time in so I don't make a complete balls of it!)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I do a lot of work in Seaford, it's a nice quiet town especially the outskirts, until some clown in a stunt plane disturbs the peace and quiet.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Yesterday sat on the beach mid afternoon probably about 3-4ish, level with Peter Pan, he did loop the loop and on Saturday in the same place he did that upside flip and flip back pretty cool.
A few years a go at West Wittering there was a similar kind of thing every now and again, pretty cool, not as cool as a low flying chinook helicopter along the beach, so cool just wanted him to start spraying the beach with a machine gun, would have been epic.

That would be one way to keep the beach goers away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here